Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

If anyone is interested, we have now publicly announced the result from Sundays vote.

http://www.clydebankfc.com/club-statement-3/

ETA:

Sensible decision for me and the one I expected, though I know a few were disappointed that we are deferring for a season and would have preferred us to go all in and apply for next season.

Everyone is interested! 

Could you clarify a point on the final paragraph, "if anything changes we will  reassess our position". 

If a WoS league is formed for 2018/19, would Clydebank move next season?

Edited by Che Dail

1 minute ago, Che Dail said:

Everyone is interested! 

Could you clarify a point on the final paragraph, "if anything changes we will  reassess our position". 

If a WoS league is formed for 2018/19, would Clydebank move next season?

I can only speak for myself but I would expect yes. That would be dependent on who we are sharing with while Holm Park is redeveloped though.

1 hour ago, Cyril said:

If Kelty win promotion this season, they have pulled off an absolute master stroke, basically moving from Junior to tier 5 within a season. 

If they don't, I would imagine if all the rumours are true, the east of Scotland league will become far more competitive next season.

Agree completely with this. Shown proper forward thinking and deserve to be ahead of the game for being so brave.

Upon our thanks to him and everyone at the SJFA email in June for the past 37 years and that we were leaving, our attention was drawn to rule 3 page 9 which states resigning and moving regions and needing 12 months to resign. Our Secretary pointed out we weren’t resigning from a region to join another region within the SJFA and that we were resigning from the association and leaving fully.

The AGM we got word back he wasn’t very complimentary about us and sarcastically said “I hope it doesn’t go wrong for them.” or words to that effect.

Classless but not surprising.

Ha, classy guy. What a p***k.

2 hours ago, BS7 said:

Whatever the outcome with the juniors, I think the best option for Bonnyrigg is to move to east of Scotland. In fact, I’d suggest all Lothian teams should consider this.

In the west, without an obvious place to go, I’m not sure.

If Bonnyrigg join the EoSL for 2018/19, your club will be guaranteed being at Tier 6, and one of the favourites to  win promotion to the SLL in one season.  Obtaining a licence within a year shouldn't present any problem.

Your club will also be a major attraction for the fans of existing EoSL clubs. Best wishes.

Wouldn’t that be a conflict of interest?

Why, they are still full members and can act accordingly.

I would be surprised if they did as currently (someone can correct me if I am wrong) represented in the SJFA management committee and have the president of the west region.

14 hours ago, Che Dail said:

Are you talking about the grey portaloos?

To get a licence you'd still need to erect a perimeter fence to screen the pitch from the outside world so that supporters can't watch a game from the street or a garden.

Are punters still peeing behind the main stand in full view of neighbours or are they walking all the way round to the new loos these days? 

21st century.

I will treat the toilet comment with the contempt it deserves. I know exactly what Talbot need to get a licence.

11 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

My understanding is talbot meet the license criteria but we would have had to join the south of Scotland League to get it 

As it stands - but things are clearly changing, so hopefully some piogress for Talbot now.

Not sure where exactly Lok fall down at present but obviously our pish toilet facilities are a starting point!

As it stands - but things are clearly changing, so hopefully some piogress for Talbot now.

Not sure where exactly Lok fall down at present but obviously our pish toilet facilities are a starting point!

Are toilet facilities not meant to be pish ?

Oh I see you need shyte toilet facilities as well

Just now, superbigal said:

Are toilet facilities not meant to be pish ?

Aye but there's pish and there's pish :lol: - at Newlandsfield it's pish on your shoes and quite literally no sh!t! There are more modern facilities (indeed even something for the ladies) within the pavilion but I would guess that doesn't count for the masses and club licencing. I distinctly remember at the West final in May, the blazered bigwigs refused anyone entry to the committee room so not quite sure what the ladies had to do to get in!

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Why, they are still full members and can act accordingly.

I would be surprised if they did as currently (someone can correct me if I am wrong) represented in the SJFA management committee and have the president of the west region.

Matt Bamford, the Clydebank Match Secretary, is currently West Region President and also Vice-President of the SJFA.

18 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Yeah there is mixed opinions like every walk of life about necessity but personally I feel the a license would be a good thing. I’m sure if the goal post move ahead in future the Beechwood regeneration committee at the club would have an appropriate plan in place, evidenced in their previous hard work to meet present criteria. 

Was fortunate to have a good chat with some of the guys at Pollok and seems there is plans in the works for improvements at the ground, which is sure to be a massive boost at the club. 

39 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

My understanding is talbot meet the license criteria but we would have had to join the south of Scotland League to get it 

The only way to find out for sure is to get an application in and work through any recommendations following the SFA inspection.

If the league scenario still isn't to the club's satisfaction then don't complete the works set out in the report.

Based on the many photos and articles online and streetview images it seems you still have some work to do.

And as pointed out by others, the ground is just one part of the criteria.

See Burntisland Shipyard for the perimeter fence.