Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Agree, regionalising the early rounds would be the sensible way forward - and perhaps the only way - if it is to survive in the new world with an increased amount of clubs (equally applicable to an entirely new competition), but it would take the edge off the early round draws. 

Flip side it would maybe make the last 64 (or 32) a bigger achievement for those smaller clubs who rarely progress beyond the first couple of rounds.

Though the number of rounds (and therefore fixtures per team) would not need to change as the Junior Cup 1st Rd already has so many byes. You're talking say 64 (ish clubs in the existing non-league pyramid added to the 160 presently in the Juniors - with an existing 2nd Rd of 128, there is capacity for 256 clubs without needing more rounds. The 220/230 we currently have still a way short of that.

13 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Though the number of rounds (and therefore fixtures per team) would not need to change as the Junior Cup 1st Rd already has so many byes. You're talking say 64 (ish clubs in the existing non-league pyramid added to the 160 presently in the Juniors - with an existing 2nd Rd of 128, there is capacity for 256 clubs without needing more rounds. The 220/230 we currently have still a way short of that.

Just need to dump replays now, add extra time back in, and then stop it taking priority over all other fixtures and driving a black hole through the season.

6 hours ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Apparently I was. Either way his conduct on this thread over the last few weeks was ridiculous, he had clearly lost the plot and the final straw was yesterday with his exceptionally distasteful anaolgy. This follows on the heels of his mate Dipplebevvy and his drunken rampage of expletives, he's not been seen since, well not under that ID. They must be putting something in the water down that way.

Anyway, back to the point. An all-in national non league cup needs to be on the table for discussion once the majority of Junior clubs are on board and we have a WoSFL. Bin the Junior Cup name to history (or to the remaining Junior clubs) naebody is interested and have a fresh start. SFA Trophy fits the bill, with a couple of regional rounds and a national last 64/32 onwards.

Surely just a tad harsh,bud. After all,who amongst us (with the possible exception of glensmad) hasn't,whilst in our cups,said or done something that we've later regretted.

Edited by tommyboy

2 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

You said “the constant feck ups by the fixture man” yet your club voted for him even though he’s been hopeless for years that is the point! 

No! the point is I'm saying its a feck up! What my club voted for has nothing to do with me. If they voted for me to put my balls in a vice would I do it? Your a bitter wee Bankie supporter who's hatred of Auchinleck  Talbot is paramount in your sad little life.

6 hours ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Ok reading it again I was a monkey not the organ grinder. Although i was also lower than a snakes belly and then some Nazi polis. Hard to keep up with all these labels 

Personally I think you're actually quite good at labels.

44 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

No! the point is I'm saying its a feck up! What my club voted for has nothing to do with me. If they voted for me to put my balls in a vice would I do it? Your a bitter wee Bankie supporter who's hatred of Auchinleck  Talbot is paramount in your sad little life.

Defo something in the water down Ayrshire way, theyre all going do lally.

4 hours ago, HTG said:

Aye - that's Hamish with the laptop. 

Auld Heid is sitting with the paperwork from Kefc in front of him that lists all the benefits. 

Robert James is in the chair. 

Comeontheloknow has got the wee heart above his head trying to walk the tightrope and spread the love. 

Wow, as "Chair" do I get a big salary ?

5 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

The spreadsheet on my laptop says no. Sorry bout that.

Thanks Hamish, a big relief. For once the computer got it right. 

Anyway, what would I spend it on ...........pyramid pies perhaps........ or maybe junior jumpers for the cold weather at Troon ? 

Best wishes from

Jolly Jamie

35 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Deflecting what, do we really need to go over this again pal? you grassed, it failed, beemur for you. Let it go.

19 minutes ago, santheman said:

You could use it to look up new names you could use to describe people with limited mental capacity.

Oh dear :lol:

24 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Thanks Hamish, a big relief. For once the computer got it right. 

Anyway, what would I spend it on ...........pyramid pies perhaps........ or maybe junior jumpers for the cold weather at Troon ? 

Best wishes from

Jolly Jamie

Exactly I'm doing you a favour here. Now lets get back to the monkey business its what we're here for :whistle

1. No future when both east kilbride + thorniewood have both scratched from the central league cup tomorrow .perhaps all clubs should do the same . They can only ban you from next seasons cup if its still  being played for   lol.  The games a bogey. Will there be any repercussions for these clubs ? 
On 27/04/2018 at 20:13, HTG said:

For all the people decrying teams who have opted to move out of junior football ... 

It's up to those clubs whether they leave or not. They're all going because they aspire to achieve SFA club licence recognition. 

They are going because that is what the SFA - the governing body (as opposed to the offshoot) - has insisted upon for 5 years now. 

In that time, it's taken until February for the SJFA to get moving. Even then they've done so using derogatory language about other leagues. 

The SJFA has been too slow. Rather than boys like that twitter eejit getting his knickers in a twist about clubs not respecting the grade, they should maybe note that the real disrespect has come from the SFA - who were only responding to the behaviour of the SJFA members.

One thing that is beyond doubt for me. The East Juniors is a shadow of what it was.  Next season will be the football equivalent of purgatory - waiting for someone outside your club to decide your future. I'd be happy enough to just can the season. It's a total waste of time.