Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 hours ago, archieb said:

So who "started" the Lowland League?

The lowland league was started by 12 east of scotland clubs.who wished to change.they only sought s.f.a. sanction for the scottish cup which they all played in.they also asked the juniors and were ridiculed.if its right then a west of scotland league could start in time for the new season ahead.use the e.o.s. rules get 12 to 16 teams to start.ask their fixture secatery to do the fixtures tear 6 in the west sorted. o r just WAIT.

5 hours ago, lithgierose said:

Who 

Craigroyston have formally submitted an application and the Dunbar board have made enquiries but not applied yet. I have no further knowledge of any other teams but I would imagine that a few more may apply in the coming weeks.

Edited by Rooster20

Well as I said if this is an accurate summary of events, and if you're a club in the East who wanted to join the Pyramid but were happy to wait and let the SJFA cut a deal, then you must surely want to consider a late application.

Pure speculation designed to undermine junior clubs. Clubs should wait until they are advised of the. Official facts instead of rumours

11 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Sad to see but Aberdeen's Junior scene has always been a bit of an anomaly - clubs with no fanbase (I read a report of Banks o' Dee v Nairn St Ninian from the weekend - no figure given but report alluded to it being very sparse and that's for far and away the top team) in great number competing for players from the U19s and amateur ranks to play at a level that demands greater commitment because of the smaller squads Juniors must carry.

58 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

Pure speculation designed to undermine junior clubs. Clubs should wait until they are advised of the. Official facts instead of rumours

Yes indeed Burnie-Man is now clearly making everything up as he continues his one man crusade to destroy ra joooniers :wacko:

In the current climate clubs should be advised of the facts immediately so they can make the best decisions for their own circumstances.

6 hours ago, tombrown said:

The lowland league was started by 12 east of scotland clubs.who wished to change.they only sought s.f.a. sanction for the scottish cup which they all played in.they also asked the juniors and were ridiculed.if its right then a west of scotland league could start in time for the new season ahead.use the e.o.s. rules get 12 to 16 teams to start.ask their fixture secatery to do the fixtures tear 6 in the west sorted. o r just WAIT.

IF this is the case and a new WoS Scotland league is proposed I would imagine a number of junior clubs from the catchment would look at the EoS / LL and want to get on board as early as possible to avoid the situation that’s emerging now where big junior clubs in the East are having to start at the bottom, below their perceived status. 

Take it there was no further discussion of the Tayside clubs? Mind you if they all have the attitude that they’re not interested why would there be? They need to engage with the process or they’ll be left behind. 

Yes indeed Burnie-Man is now clearly making everything up as he continues his one man crusade to destroy ra joooniers :wacko:
In the current climate clubs should be advised of the facts immediately so they can make the best decisions for their own circumstances.

Exactly that. Facts from the meeting last night must be shared immediately with clubs.
Failure to do so implies either:
1 - the Secretary is incompetent
2 - The SJFA are in self preservation mode, with no regard for the best outcome for its members
3 - the true facts will lead to further late applications

12 hours ago, hague said:

i go to all the bankies games as well and have been to every game we have played against talbot  and have always found their fans very friendly .as for them being superior i think they have plenty to be superior about if we had won half as much as them in recent years a lot of our fans would be insufferable

Cheers M8. I have visited Holm Park many times and found the Bankies fans a friendly bunch who enjoy the banter. The vast majority of Talbot fans are my age and can remember the bad old days, so we certainly don't lord it over any support.

10 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

From what I'm hearing, the PWG didnt go very well for TJ.

No tier 6 across the board, it was never promised by anyone at SFA or PWG. If Junior clubs want it in the East then join the EoS.

All agreed gap in the West, SFA will help establish a WoSFL.

SJFA so far apart from the rest that there were no discussion as to when the PWG will next meet.

If this an accurate summary, and I have no reason to doubt the source, then the SJFA continue as is and if clubs want to join the Pyramid you join the EoS or a new WoS.  Looks like an exerice in job preservation.

The tier 6 across the board scenario was going to upset the self-interest agendas of too many of the other parties (for example HL clubs are unlikely to actually want Broughty Athletic as an opponent any time soon for travel related reasons or to wind up in the north region juniors through relegation), so that was going to take careful negotiation rather than bombastic declarations about supposed verbal promises of what could happen as soon as season 2019/20. If Burnie_man's version of events is accurate, the moratorium on accepting new applications for licensing was clearly only aimed at clubs that choose to remain in the SJFA and joining the so-called pyramid means joining the EoS or this new WoS (...nobody seem s to care about north of the Tay, unfortunately, and that's not a good thing obviously). The existing full SFA members don't want a massive influx of up to 160 SJFA members into full membership, but do want something functional and fit for purpose to exist in both the east and the west below the SPFL south of the Tay, so we'll probably eventually see the scenario that garrelburn tends to peddle on here where the stronger junior clubs stay legitimately semi-pro in a revamped structure and the rest drift off over time towards an amateur sort of status.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

17 hours ago, tommyboy said:

Surely just a tad harsh,bud. After all,who amongst us (with the possible exception of glensmad) hasn't,whilst in our cups,said or done something that we've later regretted.

Tommy spoke to the big man and he's extremely embarrassed by his behavior, he didn't even know he had been on P&B until a friend phoned him at his work. His wife says he should actually be clinically dead after what he drunk, but unfortunately he has vowed not to come back. 

2 hours ago, Rooster20 said:

Craigroyston have formally submitted an application and the Dunbar board have made enquiries but not applied yet. I have no further knowledge of any other teams but I would imagine that a few more may apply in the coming weeks.

The absolute deadline for "late applications" would surely be the 6th June, ie the day before the EoS AGM ?

2 hours ago, Vollyman said:

It's not speculation designed for anything, it's the facts as I was told them. It's never 100% guaranteed but I'm happy to trust the source, take it or leave it.  

Go and ask the SJFA for a summary of the meeting, and ask them if they will be entering the Pyramid at tier 6 in the East for 2019/20.

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

Sad to see but Aberdeen's Junior scene has always been a bit of an anomaly - clubs with no fanbase (I read a report of Banks o' Dee v Nairn St Ninian from the weekend - no figure given but report alluded to it being very sparse and that's for far and away the top team) in great number competing for players from the U19s and amateur ranks to play at a level that demands greater commitment because of the smaller squads Juniors must carry.

Sad to see. It's for situations like this where there needs to be closer links between the bottom of the Pyramid and the Amatuer game so when clubs are struggling the option is there to drop down a level or two to recover and play even more locally.  Hopefully that happens in the future.

11 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

It's not speculation designed for anything, it's the facts as I was told them. It's never 100% guaranteed but I'm happy to trust the source, take it or leave it.  

Go and ask the SJFA for a summary of the meeting, and ask them if they will be entering the Pyramid at tier 6 in the East for 2019/20.

I can confirm your version of events as being accurate. 

1 hour ago, TheLad said:

Exactly that. Facts from the meeting last night must be shared immediately with clubs.
Failure to do so implies either:
1 - the Secretary is incompetent
2 - The SJFA are in self preservation mode, with no regard for the best outcome for its members
3 - the true facts will lead to further late applications

I agree that the decisions of the PWG need to be published officially asap, presumably by the SFA  (?) 

All will be revealed at SJFA EGM in June