Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

26 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

It's this blinkered viewpoint that has got us where we are now.
"It won't affect me or my club."
When is going to sink in that it will affect your club if 16 of your top teams leave to play outwith the SJFA?
Your Region will need restructuring, your cups will be devalued, the Scottish Junior Cup will be pointless as there will be hardly anyone left to make it financially viable, but yet there's still some folk with their heads buried in the sand.
And as Columbo would say, "just one more thing", if a new 16 team league is formed, they will take away 24 of your referees and linesmen, imagine the standard of what you're going to be left with, if there's any to go round.

What you say will indeed come to pass should 16 of the bigger clubs leave the WRSJFA to be part of any newly created WoSFL. However, I think you wrongly attribute glensmad's understanding of all of this. He's been quite clear and consistent in stating his belief that it wouldn't have affected any of the WRSJFA clubs in the way many apparently feared it would if the WRSJFA had taken the opportunity of joining the pyramid en masse at the end of last season when it was made quite clear to the SFA that, at that time, this was a west feeder solution fully supported by the LL and the EoSFL. It has become just as clear that time has now passed due to the (intentional?) procrastination of the SJFA and the WRSJFA.

Edited by Black & Red Socks

25 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

It's this blinkered viewpoint that has got us where we are now.
"It won't affect me or my club."
When is going to sink in that it will affect your club if 16 of your top teams leave to play outwith the SJFA?
Your Region will need restructuring, your cups will be devalued, the Scottish Junior Cup will be pointless as there will be hardly anyone left to make it financially viable, but yet there's still some folk with their heads buried in the sand.
And as Columbo would say, "just one more thing", if a new 16 team league is formed, they will take away 24 of your referees and linesmen, imagine the standard of what you're going to be left with, if there's any to go round.

You have to take what I said in context, though. I was responding to somebody who said the reason the West Region wasn't moving en masse was because the lower league clubs were scared of the requirements for a licence, for floodlights and ground changes etc. My point was that none of that would be required for the lower league teams if the West moved en masse. That's not a "blinkered viewpoint", that's fact.

All that the West Region has to do is vote to leave the SJFA for the SFA Pyramid.

Trade the junior cup for the South Region Challenge Cup. Both of which are going change in the next few years. One will evolve and the other devolve.

One/two clubs max would get promoted in a year and eventually clubs have to coming back down. It's like the SPFL or Lowland has infinite spots.

So its junior cup vs. Licencing/promotion/development league

A thread I've always avoided as have always been a huge fan of the Juniors, and the West Region in particular.

Never really understood clubs moving to the pyramid either unless looking to go Senior.

However it's a thread that always has movement and I admit I've been ignorant to the topic (and I ain't reading 968 pages) therefroe can anyone given me a very brief update on what the script is ? Or is it nonsense and business as usual ? e.g. been hearing Kilwinning and Clydebank have been moving on for years now and...

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

All that the West Region has to do is vote to leave the SJFA for the SFA Pyramid.

I think you may have identified a snag.

I agree, if the WRJFA voted to join the LL/EoS/SoS in the Pyramid en-masse and evolve into the WoSFL, it solves the problem.  Would a majority of clubs want to give up the Junior Cup and SJFA membership though?

I just can't see the west moving as one big happy family.   An independent WoSFL would at least provide a choice.

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Im sure if the people who are proposing this league make contact they’d be happy to speak to them.

The LL aren't going to canvass clubs for support, the EoS were wrongly accused a couple of years ago of "poaching" clubs.  It needs to be the other way round, clubs need to contact the LL to see what the situation is, and voice their support for a WoSFL.  If enough do that, then things may progress.

The January West Region meeting was categorized as a quarterly meeting. So I'm guessing they will have their next in March/April?

Surely the West Region committee can present this meeting as a vote on joining the pyramid together?

Contact the LL/EoS/SoS to confirm their support.

Then just have a straight vote. There were clubs that wanted to stay with districts but they got 4 region wide leagues. Some would scrap the Sectionals but they still remain.

If it gets knocked back there's still enough time for a breakaway and clubs will know those in favour.

Isn't this something the president of the region can put on the agenda? Or any club could get on the agenda.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The January West Region meeting was categorized as a quarterly meeting. So I'm guessing they will have their next in March/April?

Surely the West Region committee can present this meeting as a vote on joining the pyramid together?

Contact the LL/EoS/SoS to confirm their support.

Then just have a straight vote. There were clubs that wanted to stay with districts but they got 4 region wide leagues. Some would scrap the Sectionals but they still remain.

If it gets knocked back there's still enough time for a breakaway and clubs will know those in favour.

Isn't this something the president of the region can put on the agenda? Or any club could get on the agenda.

If there was a will, then I'm sure there are mechanisms available for an SGM at a few weeks notice.

You have to take what I said in context, though. I was responding to somebody who said the reason the West Region wasn't moving en masse was because the lower league clubs were scared of the requirements for a licence, for floodlights and ground changes etc. My point was that none of that would be required for the lower league teams if the West moved en masse. That's not a "blinkered viewpoint", that's fact.
My apologies if I've picked you up wrong.
But my point is that many of the WRSJFA clubs have taken the stance that it won't affect them so why should they be bothered about it. They have then sat back and allowed everyone to be led down a road that will ultimately end in tears. They've went along with whatever was placed before them to support and stick with the ERSJFA instead of pushing for their own survival.
When asked what option they preferred they should have told the SJFA that they wanted Option Z but if that wasn't possible then it MUST BE OPTION W.
Sticking with this ideal of solidarity with the other regions is all fine and admirable, but it's a bit pointless if it leads to the destruction of the SJFA.
Nevermind Clydebank or Kilwinning taking the initiative, the WRSJFA beaks should call a meeting immediately and find out what is going to be best for the clubs. If that means leaving the SJFA, then so be it.

44 minutes ago, Jordy said:

A thread I've always avoided as have always been a huge fan of the Juniors, and the West Region in particular.

Never really understood clubs moving to the pyramid either unless looking to go Senior.

However it's a thread that always has movement and I admit I've been ignorant to the topic (and I ain't reading 968 pages) therefroe can anyone given me a very brief update on what the script is ? Or is it nonsense and business as usual ? e.g. been hearing Kilwinning and Clydebank have been moving on for years now and...

Hard to summarise. 

You're best just to go away again and watch the film when it comes out. Robert Duvall and Ally McCoist working on it as we speak!

Shouldnt it be the other way around after yesterday?

I can see it both ways, we canvassed another league two years ago and some of the backlash threatened our existence. Im not suggesting that people do all the work for us etc, just that we’d have to know it was something that really could happen before we risked everything again imo. Anyway internally we have to review what happened here, we sat back and listened to reassurances of ‘done deals’ for 2 years and ‘option z is a banker’ etc, that although i personally didnt believe for a second several folks did, so there needs to be some reflection as to who we can actually trust here (i trust baxter and the LL fwiw) but its convincing everyone.