Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

7 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

To be fair, next season will be the 14th season of SJFA clubs "glimpsing" what life is like in the seniors.  Only a very few of those clubs moved into the seniors as a result.

We've seen Junior clubs make large sums of money out of the competition with no intention of engaging in the Pyramid, despite the door being open to them.

Yes, but we've also seen interest and preparations from currentwest Juniors for a move to senior football. Then there's the talks between the North Juniors and the Highland League plus more(?) east Juniors allegedly moving over.

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

If clubs will soon need to be licensed to gain entry through winning a competition, it implies that having a licence is probably no longer enough to get into the preliminary rounds of the Scottish Cup at the community board level of the game. The change you are claiming is on the cards could also be aimed at stopping EoS clubs like Broxburn and Penicuik from having a big pay day.

Oh FFS, stop it.

Just now, Dev said:

Yes, but we've also seen interest and preparations from current west Juniors for a move to senior football. Then there's the talks between the North Juniors and the Highland League plus more(?) east Juniors allegedly moving over.

Will that change with removing access to the Scottish Cup for unlicenced teams? very unlikely.

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You're always looking to point the finger towards the LL/EoS, when it is obvious to everyone that the SJFA's complete inflexibility and refusal to compromise is why there has been no progress in 2 years....

Did you fail to notice that I wrote, "(although the SJFA's lack of flexibility on a region-by-region approach is definitely still part of what created the impasse)"? Did you fail to understand that my point was about who the SFA Board are likely to blame rather than who I blame personally? The complete absence of basic English language comprehension skills on here is breathtaking at times.

Did you fail to notice that I wrote, "(although the SJFA's lack of flexibility on a region-by-region approach is definitely still part of what created the impasse)"? Did you fail to understand that my point was about who the SFA Board are likely to blame rather than who I blame personally? The complete absence of basic English language comprehension skills on here is breathtaking at times.

You've just proved my point, you want to blame the LL and EoS, when you haven't a clue if the SFA Board are even interested.  You used to bang on about an "SFA Directive" which must be followed, it was pish.

You're here to muddy the waters and misinform.  You make ridiculous assumptions  "SFA back option Z" and try to pass them off as fact. You add 2+2 and get 10.

Hearing Clydebanks name being mentioned a lot. It’s quite clear our trust membership is pro pyramid, pro progression and pro leave. 

I don’t see one other club sticking it’s head up that clearly other than us?

8 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The SFA board were too busy in that other meeting that happened yesterday. You know the one to decide the new HL/LL boundary that wasn't the PWG. Just happened to be on the same day.

I'm sure the BBC will have an update soon.

Just now, BTID said:

Hearing Clydebanks name being mentioned a lot. It’s quite clear our trust membership is pro pyramid, pro progression and pro leave. 

I don’t see one other club sticking it’s head up that clearly other than us?

And it's a Clydebank representative that's President of the West Region.

So maybe show some of that pro pyramid stance where it matters by advocating for joining it.

32 minutes ago, Dev said:

But don't forget that clubs rise and fall up and down leagues over a period of time and things change. Just look at Dunipace and Camelon. It shows that there are ambitious clubs at all levels and the west is no exception.. 

I'm not forgetting them or overlooking them.

I just feel the responsibility to create a WOSFL lies up the chain.

It's with Clydebank for voting for joining the pyramid and investigating it.

It's with Cumnock and Petershill who decided it was in their interests to get a licence. Having them decide status quo or a change with access to licencing.

Top of the pile Kilwinning. They had a EoS West Division as an agenda topic for discussion once upon a time. They should maybe organise a meeting considering the landscapes changed once again.

9 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

And it's a Clydebank representative that's President of the West Region.

So maybe show some of that pro pyramid stance where it matters by advocating for joining it.

Absolutely agree. All I’m saying is I don’t see any other clubs making that stance with their support like ours has been. 

22 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If clubs will soon need to be licensed to gain entry through winning a competition, it implies that having a licence is probably no longer enough to get into the preliminary rounds of the Scottish Cup at the community board level of the game. The change you are claiming is on the cards could also be aimed at stopping EoS clubs like Broxburn and Penicuik from having a big pay day.

Aaaarrrggh!!!! Please, for the love of God can you stop reading between the lines for things that just simply aren't there - particularly when you're ultimately proven wrong on almost every count. This is going way beyond tedious and, if mirrored in those who have the power to shape these issues and move them forward, has got to be one of the main reasons why we are constantly at impasse.

And please don't question my English skills in the patronising manner you do with others, it's obnoxious in the extreme and you come across as an odious individual who thinks himself better than those he is forced to talk down to.

12 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Over and out for a few days.

Please make this be true, although I fear it is not.

But the lower league teams won't need a licence and they won't need floodlights, and they won't need other requirements !!!!! It will be the status quo for them !
How many times do we need to say this ? :eek:
It's this blinkered viewpoint that has got us where we are now.
"It won't affect me or my club."
When is going to sink in that it will affect your club if 16 of your top teams leave to play outwith the SJFA?
Your Region will need restructuring, your cups will be devalued, the Scottish Junior Cup will be pointless as there will be hardly anyone left to make it financially viable, but yet there's still some folk with their heads buried in the sand.
And as Columbo would say, "just one more thing", if a new 16 team league is formed, they will take away 24 of your referees and linesmen, imagine the standard of what you're going to be left with, if there's any to go round.

26 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

^^^paranoid drivel. Over and out for a few days. Like Rod Petrie I've got better things to do with my time than go round in circles on this.

Not that much better I guess when you look at your posting history and see that you've made nearly 7000 posts on P&B in a little less than eleven years.

Well, that was quite some reading up to do for me... But no surprise that TJ refused to move. Moving the WRJFA into the pyramid would be the simple option, but this "all in but I forgot about the north" approach I'm sure is deliberate to prevent the pyramid from happening. I can see the same happening in the west as with the Northern League in England, who were much later than others in the pyramid due to initial reluctance and ended up much lower in the pyramid than what could have happened at first.

A WoSFL seems to be the only option. Hopefully enough teams will apply. Who knows maybe some amateurs, SoS teams (Braves SoS & possibly Bonnyton if they want to play more locally?) and perhaps some youth clubs like BSC will apply as well as this will be their chance to jump in ahead of the WRJFA teams that don't want to move now.