European draws

wastecoatwilly

52 minutes ago, G51 said:

Because I've watched Motherwell. They were bogging against Glens until a man got sent off. Glens had a pile of chances and could have been 2 or 3 up by that point.

This game has all the ingredients for a classic Scottish premature knockout. A team playing awful football, the opponent coming off a high, game is away etc. Seen this match before.

You are forgetting that we are going to click soon.  Sometime.

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I agree. Progres have a better recent European pedigree that Viking.

It's a tricky tie, but Norwegian football is live on BT Sport and a few games aside the quality isn't great. Viking are 10th in the league and struggling. 

Viking did beat Molde yesterday, and the latter have horsed Celtic and Hibs in recent times.

Progres would have been a much easier draw.  As Fola showed vs us too, Lux teams are now a banana skin in early July in QR1 - but I couldn't see a problem with half a dozen games under our belt in cooler mid September temperatures. 

Edited by tarapoa

27 minutes ago, Marten said:
1 hour ago, G51 said:
They will aye.
Regardless, they'll be unseeded in the playoff round.

There will be 16 teams in the PO round and only 5 seeds, so there are 3 ties between unseeded teams.

True. And even then, the potential seeded teams don't look up to much - Ferencvaros, Midjtylland, Molde, Dynamo Brest and Omonia are the projected seeds at the minute.

Groups for tomorrow:

Seeded
Celtic (SCO)
Sūduva (LTU)
Legia (POL)

Unseeded
KuPS (FIN) or Slovan Bratislava (SVK)
Riga (LVA) or Tre Fiori (SMR)
Sileks (MKD) or Drita (KOS)

Seeded
1 Budapest Honvéd (***) or Malmö (SWE)
2 Sporting CP (POR)
3 PSV Eindhoven (NED)

Unseeded
4 Nõmme Kalju (EST) or Mura (SVN) or AGF Aarhus (DEN)
5 Viking (NOR) or Aberdeen (SCO)
6 Lokomotiva Zagreb (CRO)

Seeded
1 OFI Crete (GRE) or Apollon Limassol (CYP)
2 Beşiktaş (TUR)
3 Lincoln Red Imps (GIB) or Rangers (SCO)

Unseeded
4 Progrès (LUX) or Willem II (NED)
5 Borac Banja Luka (BIH) or Rio Ave (POR)
6 Hammarby (SWE) or Lech (POL)

Seeded
1 Bačka Topola (SRB) or FCSB (ROU)
2 Osijek (CRO) or Basel (SUI)
3 Laç (ALB) or Hapoel Beer-Sheva (ISR)
4 IFK Göteborg (SWE) or Copenhagen (DEN)

Unseeded
5 Coleraine (NIR) or Motherwell (SCO)
6 Anorthosis (CYP)
7 Riteriai (LTU) or Slovan Liberec (CZE)
8 Piast Gliwice (POL) or Hartberg (AUT)

16 minutes ago, G51 said:

Groups for tomorrow:

Seeded
Celtic (SCO)
Sūduva (LTU)
Legia (POL)

Unseeded
KuPS (FIN) or Slovan Bratislava (SVK)
Riga (LVA) or Tre Fiori (SMR)
Sileks (MKD) or Drita (KOS)

Seeded
2 Sporting CP (POR)
3 PSV Eindhoven (NED)

Unseeded

Seeded
1 OFI Crete (GRE) or Apollon Limassol (CYP)
2 Beşiktaş (TUR)
3 Lincoln Red Imps (GIB) or Rangers (SCO)

Unseeded
4 Progrès (LUX) or Willem II (NED)
5 Borac Banja Luka (BIH) or Rio Ave (POR)
6 Hammarby (SWE) or Lech (POL)

Seeded
1 Bačka Topola (SRB) or FCSB (ROU)
2 Osijek (CRO) or Basel (SUI)
3 Laç (ALB) or Hapoel Beer-Sheva (ISR)
4 IFK Göteborg (SWE) or Copenhagen (DEN)

Unseeded
5 Coleraine (NIR) or Motherwell (SCO)
6 Anorthosis (CYP)
7 Riteriai (LTU) or Slovan Liberec (CZE)
8 Piast Gliwice (POL) or Hartberg (AUT)

Cheers.

13 hours ago, G51 said:

Coleraine fans also fancying their chances, which tells you something.

And why wouldn't they after last week and what Well has been like so far? But to act like Well is already done when the foe is a semi-pro team that didn't win the Northern Ireland league is a bit silly.

6 hours ago, G51 said:

Groups for tomorrow:

Seeded
2 Sporting CP (POR)
3 PSV Eindhoven (NED)

Unseeded

DC8D05F3-D37D-48BF-B284-6D871B01A027.gif

48 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

What a pile of shite man. Everyone else get a bunch of diddies and we get the 31st and 39th ranked teams. Even fucking Malmö are higher ranked than AC Milan f**k sake.

f**k UEFA.

We all want to progress are far as possible but that is fantasy for all sides outside Old Firm. Since UEFA has seeds and non seeds to make sure all the big boys get to the latter stages. Corrupt to the core. 

All I would say is if Motherwell are going to lose I would rather lose to PSV or Sporting Lisbon than Hapoel Beef Sheva or even Copenhagen.  Then again don’t suppose it matters as we are not allowed to attend either way. 

Only thing with it being a 1 legged affair a chance to fluke a win. Not likely for Motherwell as we cannot fluke a win in the SPFL but u never know. 

Trying to be optimistic but I believe we would get their seeding for the play off round if we were to qualify. We would likely have to play a team like this anyway if we wanted to get to the group stages. Obviously we would be underdogs against malmo PSV or sporting. But are they at a different level to a team like Celtic? I’d certainly feel that we would have a chance at home. Sporting would be the toughest I reckon. PSV also strong although they lost to Osijek at this round 3 years ago, malmo would be the least hard but their recent history against Scottish teams would suggest another tough tie.

17 minutes ago, welldaft said:

We all want to progress are far as possible but that is fantasy for all sides outside Old Firm. Since UEFA has seeds and non seeds to make sure all the big boys get to the latter stages. Corrupt to the core. 

All I would say is if Motherwell are going to lose I would rather lose to PSV or Sporting Lisbon than Hapoel Beef Sheva or even Copenhagen.  Then again don’t suppose it matters as we are not allowed to attend either way. 

Only thing with it being a 1 legged affair a chance to fluke a win. Not likely for Motherwell as we cannot fluke a win in the SPFL but u never know. 

I totally agree, it is extremely unlikely Motherwell could beat any of they seeded teams. If I was an Aberdeen player the chance to play PSV or Sporting would be a great motivation and even though it is behind closed doors an away tie to them would be a great occassion.

What a pile of shite man. Everyone else get a bunch of diddies and we get the 31st and 39th ranked teams. Even fucking Malmö are higher ranked than AC Milan f**k sake.
f**k UEFA.

Malmo being ranked higher than AC Milan doesn't make them better than AC Milan, because they obviously aren't.

Tough group for Aberdeen but it is what it is. You can't really complain much given it's the 3rd round.
Just look at all the seeded teams in the round. Almost all of them would comfortably beat Aberdeen. The lowest seeds are Rijeka ffs, a team that beat them 4-0 on aggregate a year ago.