The Celtic All Seasons thread

47 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Nope, i don’t want either of them. I’d go so far to say I don’t want anyone who is what you would call Celtic minded or with a previous connection to the club.

If he goes Knutsen would be my first choice even Graham Potter would intrigue me given what he did at Brighton but not sure we could afford him now after what he was earning at Chelsea. We need someone who can progress the club not just be a yes man that settles for just being in front of Rangers

Interesting Potter did what Ange is about to do ( crash and burn ) not a bad shout.

7 minutes ago, annan4eva said:

Interesting Potter did what Ange is about to do ( crash and burn ) not a bad shout.

Chelsea and Spurs are both basket cases, Potter was always on a hiding to nothing but is young enough to bounce back. I imagine his sights are firmly set on the Premier League however but he is the type of coach we should be after if Ange goes

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

Chelsea and Spurs are both basket cases, Potter was always on a hiding to nothing but is young enough to bounce back. I imagine his sights are firmly set on the Premier League however but he is the type of coach we should be after if Ange goes

Potter went to Chelsea for dosh as Ange is about to do. Yes both ( led by moron ) clubs.We need stability and a Celtic man now ?

44 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Harry Potter?

5 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Celtic are a stepping stone. Same as Celtic could easily chuck him this time if someone more appealing becomes available.

You are right we are and I don’t want Rodgers but what would he use us as a stepping stone for now? Surely any Premier League team that fancied him would have made an offer as there has been a relative abundance of jobs recently. The only thing I could see him possibly looking at now is international football maybe?

Edited by Jinky67

4 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I wouldn’t think that Spurs would be planning on offering Postecoglu the same money as Conte with Conte having a far better record across tougher European leagues and of course being a huge name.

Even though it would be mental money for Scottish football I could see Celtic taking a hit of about another £1m a year for his salary…..possibly up to double if they were really pushing the boat out. The cost of letting him go + replacing him minus any loss in CL money if the new manager doesn’t win the league would outweigh the extra wages offered to him.

However it is the Celtic board right enough so to pull a deal like that out of the bag would be really out of character for them.

That’s fanciful tbh. They’ll win the league next season either way.

Seems like that is indeed that. Interestingly everything is coming from the English media - by all accounts Celtic aren't letting anything out at all and are giving nothing to their usual folk. Still chat that Celtic will counter the offer but aye, i can't see Spurs briefing the Athletic/Ornstein etc without being 100% sure, especially having had their breeks pulled down multiple times already. 

2 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

i can't see Spurs briefing the Athletic/Ornstein etc without being 100% sure, especially having had their breeks pulled down multiple times already. 

Surely that just illustrates that they're susceptible to getting it wrong?

2 minutes ago, Squonk said:

Surely that just illustrates that they're susceptible to getting it wrong?

Aye you could say that for sure, but they've been absolutely panned over this from every angle, i'd be amazed if they risked letting it happen again.