The Celtic All Seasons thread

12 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

We get it, you hate songs about terrorists, songs about freedom fighters and songs about Celtic winning away when you’re convinced they’re about either of the above, but which ones, or who, are sectarian? 

😂😂😂

The old line they use to justify waxing lyrical about terrorists.

27 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Not while auld men breathlessly shriek about definitions of sectarianism to defend the indefensible.....

It’s not surprising. When we had Clown Job on here a while back they tried to tell me that singing about Derek McInnes being an orange B****** had no religious or sectarian meaning to it. Genuinely baffling.

Edited by AJF

16 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

We get it, you hate songs about terrorists, songs about freedom fighters and songs about Celtic winning away when you’re convinced they’re about either of the above, but which ones, or who, are sectarian? 

3 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

He makes a valid point though, which songs are sectarian?

Who knows what they're called, although you most certainly will. 

17 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

5 hours ago, Empty It said:

😂😂😂

The old line they use to justify waxing lyrical about terrorists.

He literally said terrorists a few words before ffs.

Edited by gannonball

3 hours ago, bennett said:

The songs from both of our teams are embarrassing, damaging to our game and reputation. 

Leave them in the past.

I may be in the minority here but songs with crude slurs about the Royal Family or the pope don't bother me in the slightest, nor do songs about the troubles in the North of Ireland or the centuries of conflict between Ireland and Britain in general, I concede not everyone feels the same however and absolutely understand why people would not be happy hearing that kind of stuff belted out by thousands of people at football grounds or parades round streets, towns and cities. 

What I do find more offensive and vile though is songs and chants mocking the sexual abuse of children for nothing more than point scoring purposes, not a shred of empathy with victims past or present of horrific abuse but merely to tar anyone associated with a demographic of people they detest as complicit in such abuse and even label them as abusers, while your club does occasionally play lip service to the FTP type stuff and little more than that, it is at least acknowledged, now and again that stuff is a long running issue and problem within the Rangers support, however the child abuse shit they regularly spout the club never even make a mention of, maybe one day someone at the club will have the balls to call out that disgusting shit, doubtful however since the mainstream media in Scotland don't even mention it either.

Edited by Flybhoy

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

I may be in the minority here but songs with crude slurs about the Royal Family or the pope don't bother me in the slightest, nor do songs about the troubles in the North of Ireland or the centuries of conflict between Ireland and Britain in general, I concede not everyone feels the same however and absolutely understand why people would not be happy hearing that kind of stuff belted out by thousands of people at football grounds or parades round streets, towns and cities. 

What a weird take.

What has singing/chanting such shite anything to do with football in this country or any other country for that matter?

It is clearly a deep rooted issue in Scotland that somehow gets passed from generation to generation. 

4 hours ago, bennett said:

The songs from both of our teams are embarrassing, damaging to our game and reputation. 

Leave them in the past.

Offensive chanting is offensive chanting whether it be sectarian, about terrorist organisations or the new favourite which is the weaponising of child sex abuse. It all needs to get to f**k. 

3 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Maybe however it’s definitely becoming more frequent. 

It's definitely gone in to overdrive since their liquidation imo. They obviously have been humiliated from it all and seem to be clinging on to the abuse stuff in the hope that some sort of insurmountable bill surfaces.

Edited by gannonball

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

It's definitely gone in to overdrive since their liquidation imo. They obviously have been humiliated from it all and seem to be clinging on to the abuse stuff in the hope that some sort of insurmountable bill surfaces.

It’s also the number of other fanbases jumping on it, it’s becoming the norm for many of them.

17 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

It’s also the number of other fanbases jumping on it, it’s becoming the norm for many of them.

Yep, when the Torbett stuff broke, in the late 90's I seem to recall there were a few barbed comments and chants from Rangers fans, something that didn't surprise me but, I'd say the last 20 years it's escalated to a hideous extent and common from fans of other clubs, including several who have had similar revelations about equally vile b*****ds connected to their club in the same era.

I just find it sickening anyone who thinks it fair game to  sing about stuff like this and blindly labels people beasts based purely on football allegiance or religious background, it's abhorrent and fucking appalling and I refuse to even enter into debate or conversation with fucking cretins who go down that route. 

2 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

it's abhorrent and fucking appalling and I refuse to even enter into debate or conversation with fucking cretins who go down that route. 

Blowing innocent people up is a reason to be celebrated though hahahahaha 🤙

That moral compass must spin like f**k, lad. I'm not even having a go at you, per se. How about you all just cut your shit out, no?