The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 hour ago, AJF said:

I don’t think it’s just flag waving from Celtic fans though. There is clearly a lot of online abuse he is receiving, even if he did receive an ovation in the stadium.

Add in the claims made today from the president of his former club that he has been approached in public by fans then it’s clearly a more complex issue than just Palestine flags being waved.

Nah mate, it's the pressure from Israel and the national coach.  Celtc support have been wonderfully supportive of him.   :lol: 

1 hour ago, AJF said:

I don’t think it’s just flag waving from Celtic fans though. There is clearly a lot of online abuse he is receiving, even if he did receive an ovation in the stadium.

Add in the claims made today from the president of his former club that he has been approached in public by fans then it’s clearly a more complex issue than just Palestine flags being waved.

You are right about it being more than flag waving and there being online abuse however the claim you said was being made today was actually a claim made last week and shut down by Rodgers who spoke out about it then.

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

a claim made last week and shut down by Rodgers who spoke out about it then.

Well known speaker of truth Brendan Rodgers?

3 hours ago, AJF said:

He is suggesting that people looked at Abada not approached him.  

"On a personal level, Liel Abada felt very bad with everything that was happening, including the indignation of the fans on the street towards him - more than once. The fans treated him disgustingly and left him no choice.

"I'm happy for him that he found a good place. Brendan Rodgers wanted him, they upgraded his contract in the summer with twice as much salary. So they did want him at the beginning of the season. Liel felt unwelcome, there were hostile looks and it's not nice to feel that."

Personally I'm in no doubt that he'll have had abuse from Celtic fans as well as the abuse he's been getting from Israeli's but that's just not what was said.  

Edited by itzdrk

47 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

I like that photo.

The good old days when you got away with a yellow card and VAR wasn't there to grass you up to the ref.............................................well until the compliance officer got involved a couple of days later.

Brendan Rodgers has been charged by the SFA following his outburst over the match officials in Celtic's loss to Hearts.

The Hoops gaffer has now been hit with a notice of complaint by SFA Compliance Officer Martin Black and faces punishment from following his post-match interview at Tynecastle. The Irishman will learn his fate at a Hampden hearing on Thursday, March 28.

4 hours ago, bennett said:

Brendan Rodgers has been charged by the SFA following his outburst over the match officials in Celtic's loss to Hearts.

The Hoops gaffer has now been hit with a notice of complaint by SFA Compliance Officer Martin Black and faces punishment from following his post-match interview at Tynecastle. The Irishman will learn his fate at a Hampden hearing on Thursday, March 28.

Who needs SSN when you have Benny

40 minutes ago, stressball said:

It’s a bit mental that the disciplinary panel have all went on their holidays for most of the month.

I thought the same, but I read on Twitter (I know) that apparently 3-4 weeks is about the norm for charges brought against managers or staff. It’s seemingly only players that get fast track hearings.

On 04/03/2024 at 16:49, DavieCFC said:

So looks like we're getting £7m potentially rising to £10m from Charlotte in the MLS for Abada.

Pleasantly surprised at that, with him being injured most of the season and this his piss poor attitude since his return, I was pretty much expecting his value to be in the gutter.

Cheerio

See American Twitter is saying its £3m, potentially rising to £8m, and that the media over here have got confused when converting it to GBP.

£8m is $10m, and the Daily Record have just seen the "ten million" and claimed its pounds.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

See American Twitter is saying its £3m, potentially rising to £8m, and that the media over here have got confused when converting it to GBP.

£8m is $10m, and the Daily Record have just seen the "ten million" and claimed its pounds.

That would make more sense tbh. The guys been totally frozen out of the team and is short of form and fitness.

It’s still decent business for Celtic as he clearly isn’t wanted and also doesn’t want to be there.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

21 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Jason Talbot says hi.

SPFL: Livingston's Jason Talbot banned for two games after tackle on ...

20 hours ago, Lofarl said:

I like that photo.

You can almost feel the boot moulding itself around his coupon.

Cracking pic. The odd few yellow seats dotted amongst the faded ones is annoying more than it should  though.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Pretty sure the Daily Record would not make that kind of basic error.

2 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

You can almost feel the boot moulding itself around his coupon.

Cracking pic. The odd few yellow seats dotted amongst the faded ones is annoying more than it should  though.

Talbot's gonna get you.

image.png.69d897b98d9c57faaf836ad5d356b7e9.png