The Celtic All Seasons thread

53 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We’ll agree to disagree Jinky.

I don’t think it has a place in the game.

I’m not lowering myself to insulting you personally btw.

Keep the insults coming if it makes you happy. I’ve built up a thick skin over the years.

No one here is saying it does have a place in the game though are they? I genuinely haven’t a clue as to how you draw that conclusion from what has been posted in these past few pages. You have jumped into this two footed without reading the replies and made continually reckless suggestions 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, LuboMoravcik said:

Crazy that so many people have been talking utter shite about this subject.

I think it’s clearly a mixture of it all. There’s quite a prominent tweet that went around showing a lot of abuse directed towards Abada online from Celtic fans. To deny it happened is disingenuous but that is quite clearly just one small contributing factor I’d imagine.

So aye, the way it’s been worded is probably accurate; Celtic fans’ visible support of Palestine likely wasn’t of any major significance, but the targeted online abuse probably was.

36 minutes ago, LuboMoravcik said:

Yup some people claims on here were rather unhinged it's as if they were hoping he would be abused when he played for us. I know we as a fanbase are bad for point scoring but there are some on here just as bad really. Same goes for the paranoia stuff the lack of self awareness tickles me quite often. This was a bit more dark though 

Well we’ve not got a home game tae the St Mirren game on the 13th April so hope we can get our act to gether tae we meet Sevco and take something fae there,I was at hand on Sat and stayed over and went to Tolbooth wae a good pal for Paddys day,toon was heaving wae Tim’s and that mobs game was aff so went down a treat,went to the Brazen on Sunday late and stayed in Premier lodge and got hame tae Midlothian early afternoon,Mrs Lovejoy knows the drill so said nowt,I retire next week so canny wait tbh,be bored oot ma tits but I’ll find something to occupy masel,Coybig 🇮🇪🍀🇮🇪

18 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

If it's not because of the Celtic fans, why is life for him in the USA different from life in Scotland?

10 hours ago, kingjoey said:

If it's not because of the Celtic fans, why is life for him in the USA different from life in Scotland?

Well for a start Scotland and the USA as a whole have quite different outlooks politically, thankfully.

Edited by gannonball

On 18/03/2024 at 13:35, LuboMoravcik said:

At least one anyway. (And it’s not me, before you try that cheeky reply)

10 hours ago, kingjoey said:

24 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

At least one anyway. (And it’s not me, before you try that cheeky reply)

What are you saying David are you pointing the finger solely at a small minority of Celtic fans that fly a Palestinian flag?

2 hours ago, willywastecoat said:

What are you saying David are you pointing the finger solely at a small minority of Celtic fans that fly a Palestinian flag?

Hi wee willie. Long time no hear.

The Green Brigade literally held up a sign celebrating a terrorist attack on his home country. 

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

The Green Brigade literally held up a sign celebrating a terrorist attack on his home country. 

Nah he's not bothered about Celtic fans celebrating terrorist attacks in his county according to the Celtic fans.

1 hour ago, Nutmeg Richard said:

Changing the subject slightly...

Hard to believe, but tonight is 21 years since the second leg of the famous UEFA Cup quarter-final against Liverpool. That Hartson goal etc.

Here's a piece on the tie from Nutmeg 8.

A welcome respite from the Abada transfer situation. 
Remember the game well, makes me feel old. Hartsons goal was a topper.  

17 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

There is no way Abada didn't know about Celtic fans flying Palestinian flags before he even came to the club plus it made world news in 2016-17 for the support the Celtic fans gave to Palestine, FFS it was even part of the show during the Pink Floyd concert.
Abada's only release was to play football and he wasn't allowed to do that at Celtic.the sabotage of his career at Celtic was  disgraceful.