The Celtic All Seasons thread

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s a scandal Celtic are out there at the minute, but I can’t get excited by a single photo of them having a pint. 

What if I tell you there was Tennents on tap but they went for Heineken instead?

8 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Will they need to self isolate when returning home? if so then what will happen to their games? will someone think of the SPFL Disciplinary Wheels feelings for once?

Could the points come to us?

14 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s a scandal Celtic are out there at the minute, but I can’t get excited by a single photo of them having a pint. 

Pretty much this. Folk seem to think footballers are a caste of warrior monks. It's a couple of men having a pint, who cares its not the reason they're shite. 

6 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Pretty much this. Folk seem to think footballers are a caste of warrior monks. It's a couple of men having a pint, who cares its not the reason they're shite. 

TBF their next game is 7 days away.

They've effectively flown a full continent away, for at best a few days training, and at worst a few days on the lash.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

The game got moved by two days, and it ended up being on TV on the Monday night anyway.

Which came first Craig? Come on, you're supposedly intelligent.

It got moved back 48 hours so that they'd have enough time to swan off to Dubai after the Old Firm match yet again (never bring back the winter break, all it does is aid these stupid trips - Hibs included in that).

The two aspects that make this even more ridiculous is that A) Hibs didn't agree to the fixture change and B) we're in the middle of a global fucking pandemic. Simply craven stuff.

And yet these fantasists imply that there's a conspiracy against them? They get everything their own way. :lol:

Edited by HibsFan

9 hours ago, Ric said:

So what you are saying is we need to pump you lot 4-0 to get them to sack Lennon? I'm up for that.. :D

Problem is that it might mean losing the league cup final to 9 man Saintees a few days earlier.

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Call me crazy but I still think Celtic will win the league. Rangers have been playing poorly and are due to drop points especially with them playing Aberdeen next. 

For me, this is why yesterday was such a massive win for us. It gave us that buffer we needed where we can afford to lose a game against someone other than Celtic, especially with a few tricky ties coming up.

1 minute ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Men drink beer at swimming pool shocker.

Who gives a f**k? They’ll be gone soon any way. 

Aye folk haven't been able to go to games for almost a year now, people are still losing their jobs over this, and lower leagues clubs are still struggling to survive and will likely die if the leagues shut down again.

Its all irrelevant though, as in the midst of a growing amount of cases, and a new highly infectious strain appearing, Celtic have decided to travel to the other side of Europe to get pished for a week, halfway through the season.

Its genuinely staggering its been allowed.

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Call me crazy but I still think Celtic will win the league. Rangers have been playing poorly and are due to drop points especially with them playing Aberdeen next. 

You’re crazy. 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye folk haven't been able to go to games for almost a year now, people are still losing their jobs over this, and lower leagues clubs are still struggling to survive and will likely die if the leagues shut down again.

Its all irrelevant though, as in the midst of a growing amount of cases, and a new highly infectious strain appearing, Celtic have decided to travel to the other side of Europe to get pished for a week, halfway through the season.

Its genuinely staggering its been allowed.

I don't really care about the beer part, it's the icing on the cake but I'm sure they can explain that element of it away.

What can't be justified, under any circumstances really, is going on a training camp of that nature in this current climate. We've all had to make sacrifices, give up your fucking Dubai trip you selfish c***s.

It's not just that it's been allowed, it's that it's been almost entirely ignored. Fuming at how little of a fuss Hibs kicked up about it. Dempster didn't even get close to the heart of the matter, which is 'why are Celtic being given dispensation to go abroad like this?'.

5 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Men drink beer at swimming pool shocker.

Who gives a f**k? They’ll be gone soon any way. 

I think the issue here is threefold.

1) We are not operating under normal circumstances. The general population are being told to avoid all non-essential travel.

2) Football is being closely monitored due to some high profile covid outbreaks and protocol breaches. Celtic kicked up a fuss earlier in the season about players travelling on international duty, and now they fly the squad to another continent.

3) This one is my favourite: Celtic just fell 19 points behind their main rivals while their fans have paid through the nose for season tickets to watch games from home.

Add in the fact that Hibs strongly opposed the fixture being rearranged in the first place and all of this paints Celtic in a pretty bad light.