The Celtic All Seasons thread

4 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Celtic will clearly use analytics to source players 🤣

Yup and it was something apparently Rodgers and Ange wanted to improve on as well. Gone are the days of Lennon/Lawwell favouring particular agents for recruitment thankfully.

8 hours ago, willywastecoat said:

If you think the analytics of the chart are important then you know nothing about the game M8,If you think I was too harsh on him that's fine M8 I don't suffer fools gladly.

Every professional club in probably every league in the world uses analytics to identify players that will fit the system. Long gone are the days where a manager would go watch a player or rely on a scouting report alone. They use data and analytics so they all must know something about the game or you wouldn’t be watching and enjoying the football you do

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Every professional club in probably every league in the world uses analytics to identify players that will fit the system. Long gone are the days where a manager would go watch a player or rely on a scouting report alone. They use data and analytics so they all must know something about the game or you wouldn’t be watching and enjoying the football you do

I didn't say they don't use it M8 I said it is less important than a lot of other things that go into signing a player.

9 hours ago, gannonball said:

I know next to f**k all about these graphs but @RandomGuy.might be able to confirm It wouldn't really work since Frimpong is being compared against peers in a far higher league. He's clearly improved as a player though otherwise he wouldn't have so much interest in him and tbh he even looked like he had improved when we played them at the start of Anges tenure.

I try to make them all relative, so it should show a player progressing once you take into account they're in a better division.

frimpy.thumb.png.764bffc124f9835dbf94cd279063f68c.png

Gone from a great attacking threat for a top Scottish Premiership side, to an even bigger attacking threat for a top Bundesliga side. Bigger goal threat in terms of creating chances and getting them himself. Seems to be better as a 1v1 defender too, but probably the one thing buyers would be wary of?

For any club who plays with wing backs, or full backs who they don't expect to do much defending, hes likely one of the most obvious targets they could go for considering hes just 22.

11 hours ago, willywastecoat said:

If you think the analytics of the chart are important then you know nothing about the game M8,If you think I was too harsh on him that's fine M8 I don't suffer fools gladly.

This is fantastic patter from the same guy who maintains that budgets are less relevant than "who wants it more".

I'd have thought watching both you and your best pals in blue get fucking humiliated in the UCL would have taught you some humility but clearly not. 

Sellick Da' in full flight. 

21 hours ago, gannonball said:

It wouldn't really work since Frimpong is being compared against peers in a far higher league.

If you play with better players in a better league surely the whole point is your game will improve M8.
Looking at randumbs second chart not much has changed which proves my point, how important are these charts plus it's impossible to compare leagues.
We know the German league is better but Frimpongs numbers are much the same, so you can only go with hes playing in a better league rather than hes improved as a player.

16 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

If you play with better players in a better league surely the whole point is your game will improve M8.
Looking at randumbs second chart not much has changed which proves my point, how important are these charts plus it's impossible to compare leagues.
We know the German league is better but Frimpongs numbers are much the same, so you can only go with hes playing in a better league rather than hes improved as a player.

Eh?

8 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

Yeah absolutely nobody was disputing this, your arguing a totally different point now. The guy has already explained to you how his stats have improved,  in a far better league as well. When you don't understand something it's probably not the best to act smart about it.

18 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Yeah absolutely nobody was disputing this, your arguing a totally different point now. The guy has already explained to you how his stats have improved,  in a far better league as well. When you don't understand something it's probably not the best to act smart about it.

And you were correct in saying the charts have limited data in turn not very important in the grand scheme of things.
I'm not arguing M8 it's just a wee debate.

Just now, willywastecoat said:

Randumbs chart is very limited clubs will have data from every part of a players game,it's not rocket science M8.

So he's playing in a better league, with similar numbers to the weaker league but you don't determine he's improved as a player?

10 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

So he's playing in a better league, with similar numbers to the weaker league but you don't determine he's improved as a player?

The fact hes playing in a better league doesn't mean hes kick on to be a better player if his numbers are similar M8.

7 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

The fact hes playing in a better league doesn't mean hes kick on to be a better player if his numbers are similar M8.

It really does.

If you score 20 goals in a season for the reserves then score the same number of goals next season for the first team you've equalled the number of goals but you've definitely kicked on.

That's the logic behind random's stats.