Work colleagues

Two guys in the team behind me discussing what happened on Love Island last night. Two grown men.
The table I sit at in the canteen discuss it daily, also all grown men. I considered sitting in my car instead but I can't be arsed taking my boilersuit off every tea break.

1 hour ago, IainMorton said:

Two guys in the team behind me discussing what happened on Love Island last night. Two grown men.

It's all the talk in my office today.  Great stuff, love getting involved in it.

The same young boy I talk about on here frequently reminded me earlier of another cracker of his. He doesn't believe me you can get an All Day Breakfast in the afternoon. Apparently they stop making breakfast before lunch and there's "no way you can get an all day breakfast at 4pm"

1 hour ago, Dele said:

The same young boy I talk about on here frequently reminded me earlier of another cracker of his. He doesn't believe me you can get an All Day Breakfast in the afternoon. Apparently they stop making breakfast before lunch and there's "no way you can get an all day breakfast at 4pm"

tell him to read through the all day breakfast option on the menu next time he's out at a cafe, im pretty sure they always have the exact times during which they'll serve an all day brekkie on there somewhere (which as you say can still be late into the afternoon)

a wee cafe near me will serve it anytime during opening hours but adds a £1 supplement after a certain time i think

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

tell him to read through the all day breakfast option on the menu next time he's out at a cafe, im pretty sure they always have the exact times during which they'll serve an all day brekkie on there somewhere (which as you say can still be late into the afternoon)

a wee cafe near me will serve it anytime during opening hours but adds a £1 supplement after a certain time i think

"All day" is a bit of a fucking clue m8. Unless I'm being whooshed. :unsure2:

Edited by welshbairn

Guest bernardblack

The amount of people in my office that will crack a fizzy juice and a bag of crisps before 9am is flabbergasting.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

"All day" is a bit of a fucking clue m8. Unless I'm being whooshed. :unsure2:

H... ha. Yeah. Got you.

(had to do a quick google search for the sake of my own sanity - I think I'm mixing up the menus of two nearby cafes, one that advertises all day breakfasts but looks like it doesn't have a time restriction and another that I can't find a menu for but definitely charges a supplement for a full fry up past a certain time)

The amount of people in my office that will crack a fizzy juice and a bag of crisps before 9am is flabbergasting.

I got into the office of a fairly large bank in London early one morning (legitimately) with my pret porridge and the guy a couple of desks up was enjoying a can of red bull and a packet of pickled onion monster munch.

I work with a bunch of folk that regularly drink cans of Monster at ~8 in the morning. Awful stuff.
This reminds me when I worked in a call centre and the place was awash with folk that had cans of monster lined up on their desk. Absolutely the last thing someone sitting at a desk and probably having 2 lunches a day needs. Even more remarkable is it seemed to be generally believed that you needed to down this stuff if you were chasing sales or looking to burst your targets!

I'm sure I speak for many when I say that nobody will deny Monster Munch + Red Bull is not a healthy breakfast, but sauntering in a with a "pret porridge" makes you sound like an insufferable arsehole and I for one would much rather hang about with the crisps + energy drink guy. 
I may be getting whooshed here, in which case, carry on.
Edit: WTF even is a pret porridge?
When working on site and staying in a hotel a porridge is a fairly decent choice. It was also right outside the office.

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I would be taking a critical look at the output of anyone who takes energy drinks in work. If you need them it's a probable sign of underlying issues. Then I'd sack them and the smokers...for a start.

first,sergeant Wilson came for smokers........

Edited by highlandcowden