Work colleagues

In Warsaw a few years ago we visited a blind museum.  They had items old and new that were aids for blind people.

Then we had to leave phones etc that could emit s light source in a locker and got led around a set laid out like s house in complete darkness by a blind person.

Totally throws you and you feel quite vulnerable.  We also had no idea what our guide and the other couple with us looked like so you were forming pictures in your head that you had no reference point to even start with.

At the end he sat us a a bar (still in darkness) and we had a drink while we got the chance to ask anything we wanted.

He said he had been born blind and that he said that people who lose their sight find it more difficult to deal with.  He had studied in Russia, Ukraine and a few other countries.  As someone who loves to travel that struck me as it made me think of all the amazing sights he was missing out on (as if being blind every day was not a pisser). 

He joked that blind people are amazing lovers as it is all about touch and reacting to the sound a woman made etc.

At the end we left the room and finally saw the guide and the couple with us.  Looked nothing like I had imagined.

All in all a humbling experience and has made see (pardon the pun) blind people in a new light.

Absolutely. I've been sent on training courses on a week's residential in the most remote part of the home counties of England. They plonk you in a hotel with the most expensive beer known to man where you spend four and a half days doing the most banal things imagineable. One time I asked if we could look at some products in order to gain some knowledge. The "trainer" who had spent the whole time looking at notes as she was ill prepared, told me that there wasn't enough time. This was five minutes after we had split into teams to build a receptacle out of sellotape and a sheet of A4 to keep an egg intact when thrown off a fire escape.
E-learning every time please.
Write on the paper.
Egg fragile

14 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Anybody who has all their faculties and senses but thinks they'd be better off without one needs their f****** heads looked.

Unfortunately, having her head looked at didn't help this woman. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/psychologist-blinds-woman-drain-cleaner-6552282

On 17/01/2020 at 16:46, KnightswoodBear said:

Nipped in to the lavvies for my post coffee jobby and just as I was about to grace the seat with my glorious behind I noticed what really could only be spunk on it.  

People are animals. 

For clarification, the spunk was on the seat, not my arse. 

I just re-saw this while firing through the thread.

Tears running down my face. Favourite post I've ever seen here.

16 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

Was she at least a wid?

I will let you decide.  Blonde, slim, pretty face, about 25 and wearing a denim mini skirt and tight top from what I remember.  However I am a gentleman of a certain age who would be seen as sleazy if I had seen her as some type of sex object. 

Fortunately my Polish other half who is quite a bit nearer her age commented on how hot she was lol.

A widski ;)

Edited by Sugar_Army

12 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

I will let you decide.  Blonde, slim, pretty face, about 25 and wearing a denim mini skirt and tight top from what I remember.  However I am a gentleman of a certain age who would be seen as sleazy if I had seen her as some type of sex object. 

Fortunately my Polish other half who is quite a bit nearer her age commented on how hot she was lol.

A widski ;)

So you're only a wee bit sleazy, then...

8 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Whens the tipping point from being a young mild lech to a full blown old man pervert occur?

I can barely walk past a rolled up sock nowadays without licking my lips  and I'm not even in my 40's yet.

Ask @Sugar Army, he seems to have set himself up as the expert...

Edited by Jacksgranda

Today I witnessed one of the younger males in our office stripping down to his underwear while getting changed from his cycling kit into his work clobber. He was doing this outside the gents' toilets. I have no idea why he didn't go inside. None of them were occupied.

9 minutes ago, nsr said:

Today I witnessed one of the younger males in our office stripping down to his underwear while getting changed from his cycling kit into his work clobber. He was doing this outside the gents' toilets. I have no idea why he didn't go inside. None of them were occupied.

He probably didn't want to get his stuff covered in piss, or worse, from the cubicle floor.  Or maybe he is on the larger side and changing clothes in a small cubicle would be a challenge.  

We have proper individual toilets, not cubicles, and the boss is a cleanliness freak. He wasn't even doing it inside the general gents toilets area. It was basically in the cloakroom that everyone, including female staff, use.

2 minutes ago, nsr said:

We have proper individual toilets, not cubicles, and the boss is a cleanliness freak. He wasn't even doing it inside the general gents toilets area. It was basically in the cloakroom that everyone, including female staff, use.

He wasn't getting bollock naked, what's the issue?