Work colleagues

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

A few of the folk in the office came in on Saturday to clear out the store cupboard. Literally spent hours clearing out years’ worth of shite that’s piled up in there like old PCs, broken chairs, stationary etc.

I was asked if I wanted to volunteer and obviously said no but this is being treated as “letting the team down”?!

Surely I’m not alone in thinking this is utterly mental?

When I read the first sentence I thought "meh, probably wouldn't come in to do any O/T on a Saturday these days, value my time too much" then I clocked the word volunteer.

Would have been worthwhile asking if you'd get it back as toil or something which might have been fair enough - we had the option of getting time and a half or the day back as annual leave for the 2nd of January which is a bank holiday in Scotland only, but we had to be open for the England based offices. Picked time and a half due to being rooked after Christmas but still, it was nice to get the choice of money or time.

You've done the right thing in not getting bullied into doing unpaid overtime - if the company wants that cupboard gutted out then they either pay someone that's on the clock for the time or give someone paid leave for doing it. Or better still, dispose of it at the first instance rather than letting it all accumulate!

This could also go in the partners thread but f**k it. A woman in here is recently married and her new husband has today sent in a huge bouquet of flowers for her.  At first, all comments were "aw that's so sweet" from the other woman in the office, but it has now become abundantly clear that a number of unsuspecting husbands are coming home this evening to a pissed off wife questioning why they aren't so fucking thoughtful. My heart goes out to them.

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

This could also go in the partners thread but f**k it. A woman in here is recently married and her new husband has today sent in a huge bouquet of flowers for her.  At first, all comments were "aw that's so sweet" from the other woman in the office, but it has now become abundantly clear that a number of unsuspecting husbands are coming home this evening to a pissed off wife questioning why they aren't so fucking thoughtful. My heart goes out to them.

On the plus side, the first time he attends any kind of work event with her, he'll be getting quietly telt not to pull that shite again.

1 minute ago, KnightswoodBear said:

On the plus side, the first time he attends any kind of work event with her, he'll be getting quietly telt not to pull that shite again.

I don't think we've ever had a work event in here that folks partners have attended, so I imagine this guy will continue to go through life sending gifts to his wife without even a passing thought for his married brethren. Scum, tbh.

King of Queens did a whole episode around this. Women: batshit crazy.

On 17/01/2020 at 14:48, Thistle_do_nicely said:

We had another meeting there. Seemingly there was another incident today, with someone (surely) deliberately pissing over to the right hand side and someone had to get a mop and bucket to clean it up. HR have now been up as part of the meeting to reiterate that the facilities need to be kept clean as it comes under health and safety.

Went to use the loos at work today and encountered something similar, with a puddle on the floor which was seeping into the next cubicle. What makes it worse was that whoever was responsible had left the seat down whilst spraying away contendedly. 

A job that should have taken me an hour took literally a week thanks to my "colleagues" in the client's offshore support team. These clowns seem to be capable only of following a script and are completely incapable of showing initiative, thinking outside of the box, or even using sodding Google to look for a likely solution.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

He's riding her best pal and covering it up

It's that time of year when we have to refresh all our e-learning bollocks at work.

'This training will take about 1 hour to compete' = skip everything and google the answers to the test at the end in 5 minutes.

When I worked for a bank we had to do money laundering training that you couldn’t skip to the end, it was so painful and irrelevant to my job. Some of it was quite funny though, case study of a guy from Colombia wanting to deposit £100,000in cash etc.

It's that time of year when we have to refresh all our e-learning bollocks at work.

'This training will take about 1 hour to compete' = skip everything and google the answers to the test at the end in 5 minutes.
Our ones are fucking awful. It takes about 10 mins to enrol in the fucking things to even start it. Wonder when they will cotton on to the quiz questions being able to be copied and pasted to word showing the code for the answers...
Oh well some non phone time and an easy pass.

Ours get staggered through the year and are equally as appalling. An interesting quirk of US CBTs, over and above the usual anti-bribery / money laundering stuff,  is I get to do one where I can contemplate what I would do if one of my co-workers turns up with a gun.

Ours get staggered through the year and are equally as appalling. An interesting quirk of US CBTs, over and above the usual anti-bribery / money laundering stuff,  is I get to do one where I can contemplate what I would do if one of my co-workers turns up with a gun.

Is the answer that you shoot him with your gun?

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Reminds me of a cutaway scene from Family Guy where flowers are delivered to an office and all the fat women look hopeful and then disappointed as the delivery man walks past their desk.

When I worked for a bank we had to do money laundering training that you couldn’t skip to the end, it was so painful and irrelevant to my job. Some of it was quite funny though, case study of a guy from Colombia wanting to deposit £100,000in cash etc.

I don’t think banks should be training staff to launder money.

18 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I create e-Learning courses for a living, so I'll take all your comments on board lads. 

Teach us the benefits of E oh wise one...

3C431A5300000578-4134462-A_man_who_believes_he_took_an_MDMA_pill_from_a_bad_batch_current-a-3_1484800863727.jpg

Edit; Probably suitable for 'Blast from the past' thread.

Edited by johnnydun