Work colleagues

20 minutes ago, microdave said:
48 minutes ago, Dele said:
Is he  a contractor or reimbursed? 

Neither. He's an employee. Don't get me wrong, he's happy to do so as it means he gets to choose his equipment. I was just pointing out that not everyone is supplied with what they need to do their job by their employer.

He can claim the cost of buying tools and equipment off his tax.

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

He can claim the cost of buying tools and equipment off his tax.

He might do that. I don't pry tbh since he's a big boy that can look after himself. I buy myself pens about once a year, so I might look into that😂

1 hour ago, microdave said:

I’ve got a mate that cuts down trees for a living and he has to buy all his safety equipment as well as a chainsaw from his own pocket.

I wouldn’t keep a chainsaw in my pocket, but then again I’m not a professional lumberjack.

14 hours ago, keithgy said:

Has anyone actually bought a car since the lockdown?

6 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Yes, I’ve selt a few

Stolen ones sold from your lock-up don't count.

Convinced the image of the public sector as full of workshy lazy b*****ds comes from people who've never been in a unionised workforce & view working flat out all day under the stern gaze of a boss as normal. Hardly surprising when the papers are full of the usual militant unions chat about teachers.

No at all, this image is coming from my own experience working there. Had one guy where if worked half as much as he did avoiding work he’d have been great.

Not saying everyone is like that but the ones on my wives team really take the piss and despite her having numerous chats with HR and senior management about performance plans etc they are ignored as they can’t upset them. The lockdown has just exasperated it.

I left to work in a non unionised work place and neither is my current place and they are far better than the civil service, far more relaxed too.

3 minutes ago, steelmen said:

No at all, this image is coming from my own experience working there. Had one guy where if worked half as much as he did avoiding work he’d have been great.

Not saying everyone is like that but the ones on my wives team really take the piss and despite her having numerous chats with HR and senior management about performance plans etc they are ignored as they can’t upset them. The lockdown has just exasperated it.

I left to work in a non unionised work place and neither is my current place and they are far better than the civil service, far more relaxed too.

I once knew a guy who would say “there’s no such thing as a bad teacher”.

13 minutes ago, steelmen said:

Exacerbated

Edited by Sergeant Wilson