Work colleagues

14 hours ago, keithgy said:

Has anyone actually bought a car since the lockdown?

6 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Yes, I’ve selt a few

Stolen ones sold from your lock-up don't count.

Convinced the image of the public sector as full of workshy lazy b*****ds comes from people who've never been in a unionised workforce & view working flat out all day under the stern gaze of a boss as normal. Hardly surprising when the papers are full of the usual militant unions chat about teachers.

No at all, this image is coming from my own experience working there. Had one guy where if worked half as much as he did avoiding work he’d have been great.

Not saying everyone is like that but the ones on my wives team really take the piss and despite her having numerous chats with HR and senior management about performance plans etc they are ignored as they can’t upset them. The lockdown has just exasperated it.

I left to work in a non unionised work place and neither is my current place and they are far better than the civil service, far more relaxed too.

3 minutes ago, steelmen said:

No at all, this image is coming from my own experience working there. Had one guy where if worked half as much as he did avoiding work he’d have been great.

Not saying everyone is like that but the ones on my wives team really take the piss and despite her having numerous chats with HR and senior management about performance plans etc they are ignored as they can’t upset them. The lockdown has just exasperated it.

I left to work in a non unionised work place and neither is my current place and they are far better than the civil service, far more relaxed too.

I once knew a guy who would say “there’s no such thing as a bad teacher”.

13 minutes ago, steelmen said:

Exacerbated

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

10 hours ago, steelmen said:

Who - HR, senior management, the work force in general?

Me, after reading Sarge's post?

Edited by Jacksgranda

On 15/05/2020 at 21:12, microdave said:
On 15/05/2020 at 11:20, Dele said:
They aren't supplied with equipment to do their job? (I've no idea why post it notes are needed, tbf) 
They just shouldn't do anything. 

I've got a mate that cuts down trees for a living. 

Monty_Python,_The_Lumberjack_Song.png

• 3 weeks later...
Work: Hey just to let you know its great if you want to just phone up your colleagues and have a chat.
Me: OK. *Doesn't phone anyone for a chat*
Work: Heyyyy.... so we've been asking around - haha not in a creepy way! - and noticed you've not had any social phone conversations with any of your colleagues we asked.
Me: Uhuh?
Work: So we were thinking maybe it would be helpful for you to do that?
Me: No not really thanks.
Work: OK, well we'll leave it for now, we don't feel like we need to make this compulsory ha ha ha.
This'll be interesting.
Thanks for permitting me to have non mandatory and unneccessary phone calls which evidently are being monitored.....