Work colleagues

8 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I won the officd quiz today so I have to do the questions for next weeks one.

Should I make it really easy or really hard or just really weird.

When I won that ended up being the last one, and I don't think anyone even completed mine

7 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

We've been doing a quiz daily, so I've set a few so far. Did a couple of music intro rounds, which went down well. Also created a powerpoint of tweets from Donald Trump and Kanye West, simply had to pick who sent the tweets. That went down quite well.

Don't set it overly hard, everyone will just think you're a c**t (maybe even more so than normal).

One of my mates did that in our quiz. I thought it was a great, unique idea for a round, but it appears not...

15 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Make it memorable.

For example ask people to identify 10 things where the name is missing such as famous album covers, fizzy drinks, cans of soup, football strips.

17 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Throw in a couple of The Caley based questions. Test those fuckers to see how much they actually know about that great club.

Must admit I've had a good chuckle to myself about the state of some of my workmates recently. For years they have been telling everybody how vital they are to the service that the council vehicle workshop provides. Different matter now though that they have been classed as key workers, most of them are seething at actually having to go to work.

On 08/05/2020 at 15:59, Miguel Sanchez said:

Got to love middle management literally scrambling for relevance at a time when it's quite clear - clearer than usual, at least - that they serve no real purpose other than to inconvenience people.

My boss phones us once a week to update us, as if he knows more than us. Stand by your phone, I may call today.

gytf

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

My boss phones us once a week to update us, as if he knows more than us. Stand by your phone, I may call today.

gytf

I guarantee if he never phoned to update you that you’d be complaining about that with a “management don’t even care enough to phone us with a simple update blah blah blah” spiel.

6 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I guarantee if he never phoned to update you that you’d be complaining about that with a “management don’t even care enough to phone us with a simple update blah blah blah” spiel.

Blah blah blah stfu

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

gytf

So does mine. He cheerfully admits it's because he's been handed a checklist by his boss to tick off everyone who is still alive. Need to get HR moving if somebody's died.

I appreciate his refreshing honesty.

4 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

So does mine. He cheerfully admits it's because he's been handed a checklist by his boss to tick off everyone who is still alive. Need to get HR moving if somebody's died.

I appreciate his refreshing honesty.

I’m guessing this is why mine phones as well but he likes to add veiled threats and pulls dates out of nowhere because he’s pissed off that he has to go in I guess? Everyone gets the same treatment, feel I need to explain my posts now because someone reading a work colleagues thread feels the need to attack someone because they had the cheek to explain their situation and use it to troll them. Sad really.

Middle management are the worstcunts. They’re basically real life Gareth Keenans with made up job titles that don’t carry any weight outside their department. 

They also don’t do anything for the company, they make it no profit. They’re not in the trenches doing the actual job, and they don’t sit at the top table making any decisions. They don’t appear to actually have an actual job.

Every office I’ve ever worked in has had them. They’re also always exclusively the office weirdo who only has 1 pint with the meal at the Christmas party as they’re driving and they’re gone as soon as the desert plates have been lifted.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Middle management are the worstcunts. They’re basically real life Gareth Keenans with made up job titles that don’t carry any weight outside their department. 

They also don’t do anything for the company, they make it no profit. They’re not in the trenches doing the actual job, and they don’t sit at the top table making any decisions. They don’t appear to actually have an actual job.

Every office I’ve ever worked in has had them. They’re also always exclusively the office weirdo who only has 1 pint with the meal at the Christmas party as they’re driving and they’re gone as soon as the desert plates have been lifted.

Gobi pleb.

46 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

They're also the ones with the greatest vested interest in things "going back to normal" as quickly as possible at the moment, as every extra day the current situation goes on exposes just how dispensable they are.

We're in the happy position that 90%+ of what we do can comfortably be done remotely - and is being done. The easiest way to send one of that cohort into a meltdown is to suggest that it's working so well that there's no need to go back to normal office hours once things calm down, and that this to re-use an overused phrase will be the new normal.

So obviously I've been saying that a lot.

I work for a family firm. The owners wife is my boss but does absolutely nothing. It is pretty frustrating as I do her job as well and the other directors come to me to answer any questions. I am essentially waiting for her to retire upon which I will get a rather large pay rise. This makes it all the more frustrating. That being said, i get on really well with them and I enjoy my work and I am basically left to my own devices. I also get paid not bad at the moment (although underpaid for the job I am doing). 

She sits and shop online all day. The biggest issue is that she thinks she is the busiest person in the company which may make my wait longer. She keeps saying she is going to retire. Even during this furlough period, she goes into the empty office and sits there all day. Not sure what she does but guess she should be applauded for doing that. Seems like a total waste of time. 

Guess I just have to wait it out

Edited by Aufc