Work colleagues

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Reading between the lines a bit here, I think his issue is that he's just really apprehensive about leaving. Not a criticism and something many of us will have experienced.

I left my work after 14 years at same company. Got rid of team leaders so thought f**k this I'm outta here.

Went to a different company ( BT) and it was brutal. Ended up back at same company I first started at. Difference being this time I can go in and do my job and not think to much about it.

Bigger picture is I'm glad I went to BT for the experience and basically to see my work wasnt all that bad.

Still surrounded by idiots 

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

How can they protect the Employer if they are not at the same time supporting employees?  The number of employment claims the company would be facing would ruin it.

Not been in a dispute situation , then  you see true colours , don’t ever kid yourself you are any more than a replaceable number , they don’t care if it’s you or some other roaster doing the job 

HR is a primary function of the business to protect the business , it’s fine when what you want and what they want coincide all nicely nicely , when at cross purposes it’s all about protecting the company 

34 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

For me getting promoted to higher positions is fucking shite. The ratio of sociopaths to good guys increase rapidly as you move up. The stress and hours aren't worth it the extra money.

Personally I'd rather work in Starbucks that do what I do now.

Why don’t you do that then?

37 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

For me getting promoted to higher positions is fucking shite. The ratio of sociopaths to good guys increase rapidly as you move up. The stress and hours aren't worth it the extra money.

Personally I'd rather work in Starbucks that do what I do now.

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Why don’t you do that then?

"I'm afraid you're over qualified, Mr Theroadlesstravelled."

We've got a ban on overtime, which Is a c**t.  Head office are pushing us to get more orders out the door, but won't let us work late or start early to get things done. 

22 minutes ago, philpy said:

We've got a ban on overtime, which Is a c**t.  Head office are pushing us to get more orders out the door, but won't let us work late or start early to get things done. 

Project BIFF

Big Improvements For Free 

33 minutes ago, philpy said:

Slow down, then. 

They'll say 'we will have to cut costs if we can't fulfill these orders', and that's where you sit back and see what they do. 

@D.A.F.C - was it yourself who had the horror stories about bullying culture at Asda?

I remember it because I briefly worked with a guy who talked constantly about his horrible experiences with them, and it occurred to me at the time that it might actually be you.

[mention=59448]D.A.F.C[/mention] - was it yourself who had the horror stories about bullying culture at Asda?
I remember it because I briefly worked with a guy who talked constantly about his horrible experiences with them, and it occurred to me at the time that it might actually be you.
Nah not me m90

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

Nah not me m90

Huh. Wonder who that was.

I think there's about a dozen posters named variations on DAFC, so you can understand my confusion!

45 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Slow down, then. 

They'll say 'we will have to cut costs if we can't fulfill these orders', and that's where you sit back and see what they do. 

That'll never happen. Some of the big building sites are open again, and people are buying shitloads of decking and fencing stuff. Money talks... 

I left my work after 14 years at same company. Got rid of team leaders so thought f**k this I'm outta here.
Went to a different company ( BT) and it was brutal. Ended up back at same company I first started at. Difference being this time I can go in and do my job and not think to much about it.
Bigger picture is I'm glad I went to BT for the experience and basically to see my work wasnt all that bad.
Still surrounded by idiots 
It was the opposite experience for me (thankfully). I knew my last company was run by morons while I was there, leaving only highlighted it. Since leaving, all the staff I worked with are gone (not too big a deal but given there was no turnover the previous 7 years, it says a lot about how bad it got), the manager has been sacked for going in to work drunk on more than one occasion (while off duty, I may add) and the MD is in prison for embezzling over £100K [emoji38]

Fear this has become a bit of a pile on on D.A.F.C.
Can we maybe lay off him a bit. 
Reading between the lines a bit here, I think his issue is that he's just really apprehensive about leaving. Not a criticism and something many of us will have experienced.
It can be daunting to make such a big change. It sounds like he's had a lot of confidence in this area beaten out of him and that can really make you doubt yourself and make you think that a lot of job applications aren't for you, and that you'll wait for the next one because it will suit you more and so on until it's 3 years later and you're in the exact same place.
There's no easy solution to that. You just have to do it or get busy wasting your life.

Think theres more of a "tough love" vibe to it tbh. I have said my piece to him in maybe a forceful way before but theres no denying that it's a bit frustrating (from a position of wanting to help) to see him posting the same thing time after time.

I know that sounds a bit condescending but its said from a place of genuinely hoping he takes the advice offered here and gets to a better place work wise.

56 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

@D.A.F.C - was it yourself who had the horror stories about bullying culture at Asda?

A guy in my work used to be at Asda. They duct taped him to a wall above a staircase once.

50 minutes ago, philpy said:

That'll never happen. Some of the big building sites are open again, and people are buying shitloads of decking and fencing stuff. Money talks... 

It's not upto you to make sure they are supplied. If the company opens its books and accepts higher volume of orders, it needs to also either take people on to cope with demand or allow extra work (overtime) to be done. 

People need to stop knocking their pan in to the detriment of their health just so their slave drivers satisfy the order book.