Work colleagues

Been there, it's horrible. Only response is to say something confusing but vaguely funny back, so they think they'll look an idiot if they don't laugh. Then hopefully they'll leave you alone, other than quietly asking for advice on life issues.

It's just a joke and unavoidable for me and sucks the enthusiasm right out from me on a daily basis. It might be a blessing in disguise for me as I have said though.

I'm not meaning to be a whinging c**t about it I'm just speaking my mind in an appropriate thread.

You should assign them all nicknames and theme songs based around their most annoying characteristics. That's how I used to survive working in environments filled with oafs and churls.

10 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

Used to work with a bloke who used to eat his in the toilet. Claimed it was the only place he could eat in peace. 

I used to go out to the smoking area (despite not being a smoker) so that people wouldn't bother me on my lunch break.  In the winter I had to suck it up and eat in the kitchen area where people would constantly ask me questions while I was eating because it was better than eating a sandwich in -20 degree weather!

Nowadays I live a 10 minute walk from my flat so I can just go home and eat, my cats don't ask me work related questions lol

Edit: We could change the name of this topic to "c***s in offices".  

Edited by senorsoupe

27 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Edit: We could change the name of this topic to "c***s in offices".  

That would make throbber jealous. Manual workers have lunch and go to the toilet too, incidentally. 

Woman in my place is retiring. Senior manager is doing her speech right now.

I didn't bother going to see her presentation or listen to the speech. In the 2.5 years I've been here I have had minimal dealings with her. Spent 2 months last summer covering for her manager.

Am I wrong to give it a miss and ignore her leaving thing?

5 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I didn't bother going to see her presentation or listen to the speech. In the 2.5 years I've been here I have had minimal dealings with her. Spent 2 months last summer covering for her manager.

^^^^^^^^KB'd

Image result for slapped in the face  gif

I have so many stories about people at work that I think I will start to post more on this thread.

I run a team (it's a call centre so don't read too much into that) and I try to manage people as I like to be managed - leave me alone, don't look for problems that aren't there and only give me feedback if I've done something wrong.

Some of the other bosses are exactly as described by you lot in that they would actually rather make people feel uncomfortable and stressed out all day and seem to take some kind of enjoyment from that.

I turn up because they pay me to do so and try to enjoy it best I can.

36 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Nope, I'd be giving it a wide berth too.

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Any time I've left a job or been kicked out I've just walked out the door at the end of my last day, sometimes with a half-hearted "Bye" to the rest of the office. I don't see the point of these tear-stained farewells.

I'm at the stage now where I can do this job standing on my head. There's absolutely no room for advancement and we're not doing well enough as a company to get a pay rise.

It's not a bad job but it's far too easy and really in a rut. Have been looking for a new gig for a while but nothing really more exciting out there at the moment. Plenty of folk in worse situations I guess.

I'm at the stage now where I can do this job standing on my head. There's absolutely no room for advancement and we're not doing well enough as a company to get a pay rise.
It's not a bad job but it's far too easy and really in a rut. Have been looking for a new gig for a while but nothing really more exciting out there at the moment. Plenty of folk in worse situations I guess.

Including the driver of the lorry which killed 8 people in England last week.

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

At least you don't have people slagging off your sandwiches.