Work colleagues

On 28/03/2019 at 08:14, Dee Man said:

A guy in my work took 2 weeks annual leave to go to Bali and returned to work last week. Towards the end of his holiday he fell ill with food poisoning and ended up bed ridden for four days. He just returned to work the other day and asked to be paid sick leave for those four days and his annual leave to be returned to him. The weird thing is, it appears to be the law in Australia and had he had a medical certificate, he would have had his request accepted. 

I've never heard such madness in my life. Is that a thing in the UK? It would never have crossed my mind to try to get sick pay if I happened to fall ill while on leave. 

I know what will be happening the next time I'm on leave though...

In my work if im off sick and that runs until some annual leave I've put in the annual leave is returned to me as I'm still seen as off sick until I return to work.

Can you guess which donation was made by the annoying, nosey, sanctimonious, attention seeking boot at my work?

Thank goodness I only have to put up with her once a fortnight. My thoughts & prayers go out to those who have to work 40 hours per week with the pyscho.

IMG_20190330_064130.jpg

I remember a sheet came round collecting for somebody's leaving present. I put money in but didn't fill in the amount next to my name. The organiser brought the envelope back to me and the conversation went like this:

Him: "You haven't filled in how much you donated."

Me: "That's right - it's nobody else's business how much I donated."

Him: "So how do I know if the money is correct?"

Me: "And what are you going to do if it isn't correct? Are you going to go round everybody and ask if they're sure they put in the amount they said they did?"

He had no answer to that.

Can you guess which donation was made by the annoying, nosey, sanctimonious, attention seeking boot at my work?
Thank goodness I only have to put up with her once a fortnight. My thoughts & prayers go out to those who have to work 40 hours per week with the pyscho.

IMG_20190330_064130.thumb.jpg.1ce31fae58b843742ed346b815405592.jpg
Did she go on holiday to Elevenarife?

12 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

IMG_20190330_064130.jpg

Presumably it was a joke, taking the piss out of office rivalry.

I’m in a team of five. One of my team became a dad last year and we were organising a card and present. When another “person” in my team was asked for a donation for the present, his reply was “no, I’m not interested in children”.

Grade A c**t.

10 minutes ago, mathematics said:

I’m in a team of five. One of my team became a dad last year and we were organising a card and present. When another “person” in my team was asked for a donation for the present, his reply was “no, I’m not interested in children”.

Grade A c**t.

Disagree. If they don't want to contribute that's fair enough. My work is one collection after another and I have just stopped giving to them.

If people think i am a c**t fair enough but I would rather spend my money on me and my family than subsidise some arsehole I don't care about's birthday\child\leaving

Edited by Wile E Coyote

1 minute ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Disagree. If they don't want to contribute that's fair enough. My work is one collection after another and I have just stopped giving to them.

If people think i am a c**t fair enough but I would rather spend my money on me and my family than subsidise some arseehole I don't care about birthday\child\leaving

I understand not putting in a fiver for a member of a five man team, but there are nicer ways of saying no.

18 hours ago, GordonD said:

I remember a sheet came round collecting for somebody's leaving present. I put money in but didn't fill in the amount next to my name. The organiser brought the envelope back to me and the conversation went like this:

Him: "You haven't filled in how much you donated."

Me: "That's right - it's nobody else's business how much I donated."

Him: "So how do I know if the money is correct?"

Me: "And what are you going to do if it isn't correct? Are you going to go round everybody and ask if they're sure they put in the amount they said they did?"

He had no answer to that.

^^^ unbelievable tales of tight fistedness thread for this pish. 

I wouldn't be donating to a card for somebody's birthday. f**k that. 

In my place if its your birthday you bring the cakes in, for everyone. That's when the real tightfistedness becomes prevalent. 

FWIW, February was a better month than March.