Work colleagues

Guest Moomintroll
Old bloke that I have mentioned previously on this thread after he received a warning for farting has now began meowing at the works cat. I'm actually witnessing someone go senile. 
The quicker he's put out of his misery the better.
I meow at cats as a matter of course, in or out of work, but does the management in your place realise they have a duty of care towards employees & they have to react accordingly?

1 hour ago, Steven Mill Out said:

Old bloke that I have mentioned previously on this thread after he received a warning for farting has now began meowing at the works cat. I'm actually witnessing someone go senile. 

I thought office cats were a thing of myth. I think that's a bit weird the office having a cat.

32 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I thought office cats were a thing of myth. I think that's a bit weird the office having a cat.

I might take my cat into work.  I'd at least have a legitimate excuse for doing f**k all when he falls asleep on my keyboarddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Guest Moomintroll
I might take my cat into work.  I'd at least have a legitimate excuse for doing f**k all when he falls asleep on my keyboarddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
Careful with that, he might start producing higher quality work & some alarm bells might start ringing.

I always thought the term was “skin flint”. Clearly “skint flint” makes much more sense. f**k sake. Nearly 40 as still thick as shit.

edited to add: ignore this, turns out I was right.

Edited by mathematics

16 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

My work uses buying cakes etc as a wee morale thing, someone messes up instead of people getting angry they just ‘cake fine’ each other. I dont mind chipping in for a retirement/death/landmark/birth of child etc and we bring cakes in prior to going on leave or buy a round of rolls etc. If folks want to take part then great, if they dont then fair enough.

Bread rolls?!

34 minutes ago, mathematics said:

I always thought the term was “skin flint”. Clearly “skint flint” makes much more sense. f**k sake. Nearly 40 as still thick as shit.

edited to add: ignore this, turns out I was right.

ha, never thought about it before...so yeah i'm over 40 and still thick as sh*t

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:
1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Careful with that, he might start producing higher quality work & some alarm bells might start ringing.

Image result for meow gif

Heres another one for you…

Again my old department.   Essentially the team I looked after were support/admin for a large salesteam.  The sales guys are out on patch trying to win orders and hit their targets.  As the salesguys have pretty heavy targets they also get some pretty sweet rewards, commission, company paid holidays etc 

The team I managed were based in an office dealing with After Sales customer enquiries but on a salary only.

This as you can imagine riles up the office team who feel they also do a good job and deserve an extra reward.  At every appraisal I did with them they would moan about not getting ‘perks’.  I’d remind them that they did not have targets or the risk of working in sales where guys are given the sack regularly for not hitting targets. Also if people want to do that type of work they should apply instead of working in admin. 

However a couple of girls in the office were going great guns all the time about not getting any rewards so eventually I took the request to one of my managers meetings with our Directors and suggested it might help morale to give them something and after a particularly good year a few years ago there was some money in the budget to be used as a reward.

I think due to taxes and maybe terms of employment the team weren’t allowed to be just given money in their wages as reward.   However, and this is where it got interesting.  The Director responsible for my department sent an email out saying “in light of a great year, please keep this date free for a day trip”.     However the day of this trip was to be a Saturday as we couldn’t do it in work time.  No one was told what the trip was, just to keep the day free and to let him know if they could attend.   Now I’m not one for any works events during my own time.  However, we were given plenty of notice and it was intriguing so I was up for it.   I was sure booze would be involved with it being a Saturday so decided I’d give it a go.

The other two girls who had done the lions share of the moaning quickly dismissed it and said they weren’t giving up their weekend(they didn’t have kids either) to do something work related.  Leading upto the event there was rumours of what it would be and these two cows kept laughing at everyone else and making snide comments about doing something crap like going bowling or paintballing.  At any opportunity they would say things to the rest of the team like “can’t believe you are going to spend free time at work”.  When they were corrected that it wasn’t actually “work” they would respond with “well it might as well be”.

The day before it at work we were told to meet at the Train Station early the following morning so it immediately took a more interesting turn.  You could also see the two that had decided not to go were already regretting their decision and started asking lots of questions as if we knew what it was. “remember text us as soon as you know”…

So the few of us who decided to go met at the station the next day. Turns out we got first class train tickets to London. Met the Director who got us p*ssed in a few pubs. He then took us for lunch up the Shard(oh yes Kenneth!) for a slap up meal in a private room.  Everyone was then given £250 gift vouchers.   Few pubs after it and then back on the train and home for 6pm(I should say I live in Leicester). Turned out to be a great day out.

Monday morning back at work, everyone who had gone was buzzing and the two who hadn’t gone were visibly livid.  The only let down was they were give then £250 vouchers as well which I think they had been raging about since the Saturday as they had been texted to say we’d all got them.

10 hours ago, fuzzydunlop said:

I changed jobs about 6 months ago. Previously was a customer services manager looking after a team of 12 folk.  Now I work on the road, pretty much on my own supporting people where needed so never in the same depot. 

images (25).jpeg

10 hours ago, Steven Mill Out said:

I agree that this situation sounds far from ideal, but eliminating the cat seems a bit unfair.

58 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Not so much colleagues.. but a thief managed to steal a TV from the store and then proceeds to get away by going through the warehouse and through a fire exit in the warehouse.
Impressive

It's a victimless crime. Did he get the remote control for it?

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Not so much colleagues.. but a thief managed to steal a TV from the store and then proceeds to get away by going through the warehouse and through a fire exit in the warehouse.
Impressive

If you wear a set of clean overalls and your local library lanyard badge I'm pretty sure you could nick just about anything if you keep your cool. 

Edited by welshbairn

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 11:34, Busta Nut said:

It's more of the neighbours cat, but the b*****d won't leave the office, even at weekends. So as far as I'm concerned it's a c**t, and the works cat.