Work colleagues

Guest Moomintroll
There’s a fella in my mate’s work who claims he has Pathological Demand Avoidance. This basically means that he has a deep rooted inclination to tell folk no when they ask him to do something.
boy’s a genius.
That is peak Wally, you have to tell Scott Adams about this as he could get 4 weeks worth of Dilbert material out of that. I hate lazy b*****ds but that is utter genius.

On 18/10/2019 at 22:38, D.A.F.C said:

Sorry lads, bit of a heads gone. Not in a good place atm.

Genuinely, try self-employment. If you work from home, you can get away without talking to anyone for days. It's great.

Unless the folk you live with are c***s too, in which case, have considered laying a patio?

17 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Genuinely, try self-employment. If you work from home, you can get away without talking to anyone for days. It's great.

Unless the folk you live with are c***s too, in which case, have considered laying a patio?

Not as easy as saying 'try it' regarding being self employed though.

You need to be able to see something to someone.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Not as easy as saying 'try it' regarding being self employed though.

You need to be able to see something to someone.

There's always prostitution.

...according to a mate.

Just now, NJ2 said:

Not when you look like him (I assume as he’s a Pars fan)

Some folk are so desperate to feel the touch of another human that they aren't so choosy.

...according to a mate.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Or old folk that work in charity shops.

Keep this up and I'll be digging up that old 'triggered' GIF that Banana used to throw about the place.

Some folk are so desperate to feel the touch of another human that they aren't so choosy.
...according to a mate.

Interesting (wild) that your mate considers Pars human. Everything I’ve experienced suggests they’re some sort sub-breed, social experiment gone wrong. Different strokes for different folks I guess though...

3 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Interesting (wild) that your mate considers Pars human. Everything I’ve experienced suggests they’re some sort sub-breed, social experiment gone wrong. Different strokes for different folks I guess though...

InB4 "aye, but he's from Alloa"

His mate, I mean. His mate's from Alloa.

14 hours ago, mathematics said:

There’s a fella in my mate’s work who claims he has Pathological Demand Avoidance. This basically means that he has a deep rooted inclination to tell folk no when they ask him to do something.

Eezer Goode, Eezer Goode!

He's Ebeneezer Goode.

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Yes. You suddenly become Managing Director of your own company and your own life as well. Obviously my situation is totally different to everyone else but I have been self employed for 18 years and it is a billion times better than my previous job. Yet it seemed a scary idea at the time. I fully understand that most new companies are started by people who were made redundant from their previous job.

7 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Yes. You suddenly become Managing Director of your own company and your own life as well. Obviously my situation is totally different to everyone else but I have been self employed for 18 years and it is a billion times better than my previous job. Yet it seemed a scary idea at the time. I fully understand that most new companies are started by people who were made redundant from their previous job.

I hear your boss is a dick though.

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I’d like to run my own business but don’t have an idea on what to do.

Please give suggestions and I 100% promise I’ll give up my 9 to 5 and devote my life to the best one.

Freelance Police Officer.