Work colleagues

After whinging and complaining about things for so long I’ve realised that there’s nothing I can or should be doing to fix a broken workplace.

I care about being professional and doing a good job but I really couldn’t care less about anyone else or how anything is run. Such a lift and haven’t given a f**k for weeks now. I wish I had realised this years ago. Something got rewired in my brain, self preservation maybe? 

10 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

One time his laptop died and he couldn't figure out what had happened, and had two of my colleagues up trying to sort it. Turned out he had everything plugged into an extension lead - which wasn't plugged in to the socket.*

* He had the plug for the extension lead plugged into the extension lead.

Dilbert.jpg

9 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

After whinging and complaining about things for so long I’ve realised that there’s nothing I can or should be doing to fix a broken workplace.

I care about being professional and doing a good job but I really couldn’t care less about anyone else or how anything is run. Such a lift and haven’t given a f**k for weeks now. I wish I had realised this years ago. Something got rewired in my brain, self preservation maybe? 

You're going to be more insufferable enjoying work than when you hated it.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:
4 hours ago, philpy said:
We are doing the start of a stocktake today and someone has phoned in sick.

Cant understand why companies need to physically count stuff. Seems antiquated.

How do you plan to account for theft of items? Unless you caught every single shoplifter or knew exactly what every single one of them had taken (which isn't really possible), then you're going to have to count what you have to find out how much has gone missing.

How do you plan to account for theft of items? Unless you caught every single shoplifter or knew exactly what every single one of them had taken (which isn't really possible), then you're going to have to count what you have to find out how much has gone missing.
Forgot philpy worked in a shop/warehouse.
I was thinking a office or similar.

Please dont take my job away. However the losses we get every day between theft and short delivered is quite high ( outside companies for security and we get an outside company to count the full shop twice a year )

23 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:
On 28/09/2019 at 11:03, Nightmare said:

Please dont take my job away. However the losses we get every day between theft and short delivered is quite high ( outside companies for security and we get an outside company to count the full shop twice a year )

Think we've found the source of your shoplifting problems.  The security firms and auditors nick the goods, tell you someone's nicking the goods and then you employ them again next year to see if things have improved.

Forgot philpy worked in a shop/warehouse.
I was thinking a office or similar.
I work in a timber merchants. The owner sold up to an English based investments company who merged us with thornbridge timber (Grangemouth) and their stocktakes are 4 a year. Pain in the arse.

Getting back to my "ill" colleague yesterday, he wasn't ill, he was very pished. He never phoned in, and was waiting outside the shop down the road, which is nearly a mile away from where he is. He was adamant that he was going to work, he never got that option, I got him in the car, dropped him off, and told him in no uncertain terms to get in, sober up, and phone the boss. I put my neck on the line by not telling the boss I saw him and took him down the road, so I'm due a massive apology from the c**t. He's 20, and already own two warnings for being caught on his phone and being late on a few occasions.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

So to clarify:

A guy wanted to go to work. Philpy stopped him, and then made him lie to his boss, while covering up the actual reasons behind the situation?

Yep, definitely the other guy who is in the wrong here.

He was pished! He might have lost count or something. 

FFS, here we go again. He was in no fit state to go to work, he even admitted that this morning. He'd got in that much of a state that he'd actually forgotten he was meant to be working Saturday. When he seen me coming into the car park at the shop, he's went into autopilot, thinking for some reason I was there to pick him up, which wasn't the case as I get him about a mile down the road. I didn't tell the boss any lies, I just never mentioned that I saw him, and was never even asked if I saw him. He was very apologetic about his actions, and rather embarrassed. He got a slap on the wrist.