Work colleagues

Suggest to management that you will train him up?  Get him to work alongside you, as your assistant and give him the shit jobs to do including being your personal teaboy.  
Keeps him in a job and trains him at the same time. 
Dont think you are grasping the dynamic of the relationship tbh.

I get that the workshy guy is trying to make Ictchris and his fellow workmates his bitches, but they need to turn it round.  If management know useless guy is shite at the job then it would only be a matter of time until he gets the bullet?  
That is the reason I suggested training useless guy and therefore making him the bitch.  

They are playing checkers, he is playing chess.

Got a firm away day in Edinburgh tomorrow. Have to be at Gatwick by 7.30 am. The actual business stuff finishes at 4 pm which means I could dip away for the 4.32 pm from Haymarket and watch the South capitulate to Dundee, but I have been told I am expected to stay for a fucking ceilidh and other shite, and will be on a table with senior partners who will notice if I am missing.  It's all meant to carry on until 1 am. I will not receive overtime. c***s.

28 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Got a firm away day in Edinburgh tomorrow. Have to be at Gatwick by 7.30 am. The actual business stuff finishes at 4 pm which means I could dip away for the 4.32 pm from Haymarket and watch the South capitulate to Dundee, but I have been told I am expected to stay for a fucking ceilidh and other shite, and will be on a table with senior partners who will notice if I am missing.  It's all meant to carry on until 1 am. I will not receive overtime. c***s.

Tell them to get fucked

Just disappear to watch the game, the sneak back in afterwards. You don’t need to explain your absence and in reality, nobody will notice or give a f**k that you’re gone.

Just realised you meant go to the game, just do it. If not, it’s on the telly so f**k off elsewhere and watch it anyway.

On 20/09/2019 at 23:04, ICTChris said:

He doesn't hand it over to me, it's all our team who get it.  

Management are aware of his behaviour.  He's been spoken to several times about it and I'm fairly certain he's being performance managed.  One complicating factor is that he is useless at his job so we frequently have to take over his work because he can't do it.  A couple of months ago I was asked by management to 'help' on something and that involved taking it over and doing it all.  I don't mind it though, I enjoy doing work and it was quite an interesting one.  However, workshy colleague does not like doing this sort of work, despite this being our primary function and what we are paid for.  He openly says that he hates doing it.  It's like applying for a job as a gardener and then moaning like f**k when you have to spend time in gardens.  He literally hates doing the thing in his job title.  It's bizarre and his negative attitude is really wearing and has a drag affect on the team.  However, everyone moaning about him and complaining about his bullshit does galvanise everyone else.

On 21/09/2019 at 02:12, ICTChris said:

Worth saying he works in a different office to everyone else, hundreds of miles away, which is a big factor in this.

Hi Chris. 

Could you just clarify for me how you know this guy openly admits he hates doing his job and how his negative attitude is wearing on the team if he works in a different office hundreds of miles away?

I've never worked in an office environment so I could be missing something obvious here. 

27 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Hi Chris. 

Could you just clarify for me how you know this guy openly admits he hates doing his job and how his negative attitude is wearing on the team if he works in a different office hundreds of miles away?

I've never worked in an office environment so I could be missing something obvious here. 

My team are based across a number of sites, usually a minimum of four but up to six or seven different offices each day.  We communicate with each other using electronic tools and calls, we are constant contact.  I'm actually lucky in that there's always four or five people in my team in the office so we have a better rapport with each other because of that but there are some people who are pretty isolated.

Our office has had a "dress for your day" policy for a while now. So a lot of the men go with a business casual look, jeans and t shirt or trousers and polo shirt. There is one roaster from another floor though who frequently wears shorts, today he's taken it to new levels of roaster-dom and paired his shorts with leather sandals.   

Our office has had a "dress for your day" policy for a while now. So a lot of the men go with a business casual look, jeans and t shirt or trousers and polo shirt. There is one roaster from another floor though who frequently wears shorts, today he's taken it to new levels of roaster-dom and paired his shorts with leather sandals.   

What does “dress for your day” mean?

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

What does “dress for your day” mean?

For us it basically means you can dress down if you're in the office but if you were meeting clients etc then wear smart clothes. 

I've never tried it, but I reckon turning up in shorts and sandles would result in a telling off. 

15 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

My team are based across a number of sites, usually a minimum of four but up to six or seven different offices each day.  We communicate with each other using electronic tools and calls, we are constant contact.  I'm actually lucky in that there's always four or five people in my team in the office so we have a better rapport with each other because of that but there are some people who are pretty isolated.

Seems a bit unfair that you have to work in a team with a guy who you can't tell face to face to get the fucking finger out. 

Nothing wrong with shorts in the office.

Just now, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
1 hour ago, Torpar said:

Nothing wrong with shorts in the office.

Wearing sandals on the other hand is extremely OFTW behaviour