Work colleagues

About a month ago I took my first sick day at work. I got a text from my manager saying “if the jobs not for you just tell me”. Now I work myself into the ground between full time nights, full time uni, and a parent. Simply stated if he wanted to continue down that dialogue it would be between me, him, and my union rep. Funny that I’ve had no hassle from him since

About a month ago I took my first sick day at work. I got a text from my manager saying “if the jobs not for you just tell me”. Now I work myself into the ground between full time nights, full time uni, and a parent. Simply stated if he wanted to continue down that dialogue it would be between me, him, and my union rep. Funny that I’ve had no hassle from him since

What a c**t he is. Fuckin smash him.

1 hour ago, Raidernation said:

Update:
I’ve been asked to put in writing the “accommodations” I asked for that were refused.

Aye, right, so you can say you did?

Maybe it is worth lawyering up. I did my US bar prep a wee while back now but I seem to remember schools being pretty strictly regulated as far as things like the ADA and certain constitutional rights. Lots of no win no fee lawyers in the US too. No harm in trying.

Edit: i would suggest not putting them in writing. If they don't have them in writing, how could they have actually considered them?

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

19 hours ago, Jason King said:

I think I want to murder every single one of them right now. Its only 10:40 and all fucking morning its been

"what are you wearing on Friday?"

"how are we getting there?"

"are you dressing up here or going home and changing?"

"what did I order?"

Its a Works Christmas Lunch that is £21 for three courses FFS, we aint going to the Ritz.

What are you wearing though?

Had exactly the same thing happen to me except I was just doing my job.
It's not so much the statement that's the problem it's the underlying tension and what it makes you think that's the problem.
You did the right thing, I was so stunned when it happened to me as it was weeks after a good review. It wasnt done in a jokey way either. This type of Jekyll and Hyde type behaviour is the worst because you dont know when it will happen and how to control it. You're lucky you have a union.

it's almost unbearably quiet in work at the moment, think it's not due to pick up again til the beginning of January.

Anyone able to recommend any (safe for work!) sites to kill time - games, interesting reading, whatever. Have been using TV Tropes since it can be fun going down the rabbit hole on there but it's getting a bit stale.

edit: and P&B of course, which is my go to site and while it doesn't get stale, once I've ran through most of gen nonsense and that there's not much left to do apart from revisit the gold forum. 😊

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

3 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

it's almost unbearably quiet in work at the moment, think it's not due to pick up again til the beginning of January.

Anyone able to recommend any (safe for work!) sites to kill time - games, interesting reading, whatever. Have been using TV Tropes since it can be fun going down the rabbit hole on there but it's getting a bit stale.

Kongregate has a bunch of daft flash games that can kill time.

On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 15:45, Florentine_Pogen said:

aye loada sh*te.

I've moved jobs so thankfully dont have this pish this year -after 10 years of it.  

The lassies in the office would start talking about it in September.  They would then draw names out the hat in october so people had enough time.. Once names were drawn they'd basically then ask each other who they had, which defeats the whole f*cking point.   They'd then work out who everyone else had.

My fave moment though came when we got a new Director in the company. As he lived in our depots area they built him a brand new office at the end of our offices corridor. So everytime he came in he had to walk through our office to get to his.  One of the girls decided to ask him one day in front of everyone if he wanted to get involved in the Secret Santa this year.  He didnt seem overly pleased but as a new guy I could tell he didnt want to let the side down so he agreed.   I'm sure you can imagine the type of lassie who asked, the big mouth one who thinks everyone likes her.  She even wallowed in some sort of self congratulatory mode afterwards that shes managed to persuade the Director to join in.

As normal, once the names were drawn out it didnt take them long to work out who ahd who.  Turns out the Director had to buy a present for a girl in the team - Another pain in the arse. Once she worked it out, she was well chuffed thinking that although there was a £10 limit, as Director he would no doubt splash out on something more than £10 and something good.   For the following weeks leading upto xmas she was subject to either lots of "aw thats amazing" from the other girls to "thats not fair, what a b*tch" when her back was turned.

Once xmas eve came along and the 'secret' presents were given out all eyes turned to this girl as she opened hers....a jar of hand cream! I couldnt contain my laughter.  The lassie opened her desk drawer, threw it in and then slammed it shut and was in a mood for the rest of the day.  Not sure if she was expecting a Tiffany ring or something but its crazy how some folks minds work.

12 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

edit: and P&B of course, which is my go to site and while it doesn't get stale, once I've ran through most of gen nonsense and that there's not much left to do apart from revisit the gold forum. 😊

Sporcle