Work colleagues

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Time will tell but this looks like a classic case of someone winning a battle but losing the war.

This might not necessarily end well for Busta.

You can't just deliberately wind up your entire team and expect to get away with it. You also can't be daft enough to put the damn thing in writing and expect no consequences.

If I was the manager of that group it would be getting sorted out on the first day back and at least one person would be polishing their CV.

Which is why you'd never be allowed near a position of responsibility. 

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Time will tell but this looks like a classic case of someone winning a battle but losing the war.

You can't just deliberately wind up your entire team and expect to get away with it. You also can't be daft enough to put the damn thing in writing and expect no consequences.

If I was the manager of that group it would be getting sorted out on the first day back and at least one person would be polishing their CV.

The state of this, I pity anyone that knows you.

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

My thoughts, too.

Guest Moomintroll
Might want to do a proper robust investigation first m9.
Also, ensure that any decision taken is fair & consistent with any previous disciplinary decisions taken for similar breaches of Company Policy, Employment Lawyers love that one.

I agree but we start with the fact that the member of staff concerned put their windup email in writing.
I would also weigh up the cost/benefits. There is absolutely no way I'd keep a destructive employee on the books. It would almost certainly cost way less to get rid of them even if I lost a tribunal.

You can’t sack someone for one instance of vaguely unprofessional conduct. Verbal/written warning territory at best.

27 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I agree but we start with the fact that the member of staff concerned put their windup email in writing.

I would also weigh up the cost/benefits. There is absolutely no way I'd keep a destructive employee on the books. It would almost certainly cost way less to get rid of them even if I lost a tribunal.

Raised the morale of the majority of employees no doubt, distracting them from the misery of working anti social hours.