Work colleagues

I started a full time wfh role last year, previously I found office politics too much and didn't cope.

I was getting a bit isolated so the second job at golf club helps that plus it's mainly odd shifts and I'm on own with a few regulars.

16 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Would disagree with you, anytime I’ve been into the office I’ve got f**k all done because folk just want to talk. In my spare room I get peace and quiet and get to decide who I want to speak to (sometimes).

There are always folk who take the piss and do nothing working from home but good management should avoid that

NHS - 

Edited by Ewanandmoreagain

4 hours ago, thistledo said:

I sit and write code for the majority of the day, being in an office with a substandard setup to my own is a hindrance. The last time I went into an office I spent a fair amount of time fucking around with monitors and cabling and even then it was inadequate, I never do this at home unless I change something and my chair isn't uncomfortable, smell like years old farts or have about 10 different peoples lunches or coffee spilled on it and never properly cleaned. 

For myself I don't see it as entitlement, I feel like the office is an outdated concept.

Appreciate it's not the same for everyone, my kind of work is results driven so if I sat around and did nothing, people would know very soon and I'd be out the door. 

At least you wouldn't have far to get home...

8 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Similar Good Bye is short hand for God Be With You  

Did not know this will need to stop using this now, wouldn't wish a sky fairy be with anyone.

9 hours ago, RH33 said:

I started a full time wfh role last year, previously I found office politics too much and didn't cope.

I was getting a bit isolated so the second job at golf club helps that plus it's mainly odd shifts and I'm on own with a few regulars.

Oh aye, here we go.

Go on, tell us about your "odd shifts with a few regulars"  :rolleyes:

23 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Entitled? f**k right off man. Employees should be taken care of far better than currently in general. The UK is far behind and this draconian thinking that employees should be at work 9 to 5 with no flexibility to this. 

I actually agree that everyone should be flexible and 9-5 doesn’t suit everyone, however, it needs to be flexible on both sides 

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

I actually agree that everyone should be flexible and 9-5 doesn’t suit everyone, however, it needs to be flexible on both sides 

What do you mean? 

For example, I sometimes work after 6 and a longer day, sometimes I finish at 4 and go get some sunshine if its nice. 

No reason why this can't work more widespread. Tech companies seem to get this right over here.

Some of the women in our work group chat were talking about how one of them is a psychic and she's done a reading for another colleague and they were on singing her praises today. 

Some of the definitely legitimate mind blowing supernatural occurances she predicted are that this person will be contacted by someone from their past, they will have problems with their car (this was retracted because we're past "Mercury Retrograde" season so the prediction no longer applies, however the f**k that works..) and last but not least, their elderly granny is being watched over by a womanly figure *gasps aplenty* who is their grans dead mother. Apparantly this brought massive comfort to her and the family. 

Alongside this someone I thought was alright asked me today if I agreed that Russell Brand had been taken down by the government for exposing their secrets like Andrew Tate was. 

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

What do you mean? 

For example, I sometimes work after 6 and a longer day, sometimes I finish at 4 and go get some sunshine if its nice. 

No reason why this can't work more widespread. Tech companies seem to get this right over here.

4 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Both sides of what?

As in someone works till 2pm one and goes off to play golf or whatever. But then another day has to work later to get shit finished. Evens itself out as long as the second bit happens