FA Cup 2017/18

Eednud

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, WeWereThePeople said:

Did they disallow the penalty because he stuttered his run up? Never seen that before ever. Was watching with no commentary, f**k knows what happened.

It’s because he stopped dead. Stuttering is just on the right side of the rules.

The snow is starting to lie in the box and looks like it might be slowing the ball a little. Potential for abandonment?

Also, surely it's time that football followed just about every other sport and showed the actual game time instead of the whole "minimum stoppage time" nonsense?

You are allowed to feint during your run-up, it's only feinting to kick the ball that is an offence.  I don't think Son was guilty of the latter - he stopped at least a yard or two before the ball and then started again.

I thought stopping completely was part of the rule?

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You are allowed to feint during your run-up, it's only feinting to kick the ball that is an offence.  I don't think Son was guilty of the latter - he stopped at least a yard or two before the ball and then started again.

The relevant rule in case anyone is interested.  There is absolutely no mention anywhere in the Laws of the Game of not being allowed to stop during your run-up.

5a9712267909e_ScreenShot2018-02-28at20_26_49.png.3eef03b2f510022e6f0978db7a78d3b5.png

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Me neither; Clyde and Berwick fans are well versed in this after our game last month. 

Like another poster I'm not even convinced the foul actually continued in the box. The hand was on him but wasn't pulling him back.

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

The snow is starting to lie in the box and looks like it might be slowing the ball a little. Potential for abandonment?

Also, surely it's time that football followed just about every other sport and showed the actual game time instead of the whole "minimum stoppage time" nonsense?

Get the lines swept and an orange ball on.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He stopped immediately before he kicked it. If he stopped a few yards from the ball he would have been fine but when right next to the ball it is the same as a feint kick. He certainly didn't take a full stride between the stop and kicking the ball.

Plenty of definitions of feint that would cover stopping eg ‘a misleading movement designed to draw defensive action away from an intended objective or target’ or any ‘pretence intended to mislead’.

2 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Plenty of definitions of feint that would cover stopping eg ‘a misleading movement designed to draw defensive action away from an intended objective or target’ or any ‘pretence intended to mislead’.

Really the problem is what does "completing the run up mean"

For me when he stops he is close enough to kick the ball so the run up is complete.

1 minute ago, jimmy boo said:

I'd have thought the roof would be closed as they had days notice how bad the weather could be.

The Wembley roof doesn’t fully close. It’s design to partially cover the pitch to get rid of shadows. Although I’ve never seen it actually achieve that.

Archived