Aberdeen away following

2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

We should be limiting it to the same as a full Roseburn IMO.  It's still our home fixture, tinpot as f**k if we just start giving as many seats as teams will take.

Even if it makes economic sense in the short term? OK it does play to your fans if you limit the away fans when you can sell those tickets to home fans but you're not going to sell out 67,000 so as well making a bit of coin when you can.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess the police might want to limit it, especially if the *** are playing there in a few weeks.

I don't actually think it'll be that great. Atmosphere wise a half empty rugby stadium full of daytrippers won't compare to a near full Tynecastle with a reasonably small pocket of our most vocal supporters.

Novelty factor is high though.

3 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

We should be limiting it to the same as a full Roseburn IMO.  It's still our home fixture, tinpot as f**k if we just start giving as many seats as teams will take.

Thats crazy talk Tony. A new stand to pay for, and a chance to get other folk to pay hundreds of thousands towards it?! 

Its 2 or 3 games, could easily get 4000 Aberdeen fans and 8000 rangers fans * paying £25 each. That's £300,000.  Milk them for all you can, it's not as if it's going to be a regular thing.

Spoiler

* + 1000 St Johnstone fans  :thumsup2

Thats crazy talk Tony. A new stand to pay for, and a chance to get other folk to pay hundreds of thousands towards it?! 
Its 2 or 3 games, could easily get 4000 Aberdeen fans and 8000 rangers fans * paying £25 each. That's £300,000.  Milk them for all you can, it's not as if it's going to be a regular thing.
Spoiler * + 1000 St Johnstone fans  :thumsup2

I'd rather go bust with a half finished stand, than have Rangers fans "pay" for it and have those orcs slaver about the "blue pound" everytime you ventured near on of their nests.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I'd rather go bust with a half finished stand, than have Rangers fans "pay" for it and have those orcs slaver about the "blue pound" everytime you ventured near on of their nests.

What, like Saints do with the OF every season?

2 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

All joking aside, Aberdeen do have the potential for a massive away support, if not all the time.

Could easy see them take 6 or 7k to Murrayfield with Novelty Value etc.

If you're not joking, I think you're seriously overestimating it.

4 hours ago, shootingboots said:

I agree with you. Selling your soul to the orcs should never be considered a good thing despite the money. Some things are worth more...

I don't think we'd take more than the full Roseburn anyway to be honest.

I agree as can't see us getting over 3,500 for this game. If we get defeated on Saturday knock that by 500 as the part times will go back to grim reaper mode!

All joking aside, Aberdeen do have the potential for a massive away support, if not all the time.

Could easy see them take 6 or 7k to Murrayfield with Novelty Value etc.

Away to Partick we'll sell that out to see if we can keep the run going. 2 away trips to Fir Park - lots will go to the Cup game and maybe a Scotland game for some.

Think you are being slightly ambitious

Reckon 3-4 thousand if we get that many tickets with all the away trips we have coming up.

4 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Novelty value is high for me. I've never been to Murrayfield, and as I don't plan on watching the rugger anytime soon, this is a good opportunity to see the stadium. 

Likewise. 

Not been to a league away match since opening game of last season.

I'll be at Murrayfield. 

Archived