The Worst Posters in P&B History (2017 Edition)

7 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I'm exaggerating for effect but my basic argument I stand by, Nirvana aren't anywhere near as good as folk think they are, and music snobbery is the only real difference between the two groups.

seriously WTF.

Nevermind wasn't timeless but it is a classic. I would say SLTS hasn't aged well and it's too singalongy.

Perhaps you are just irritated by the kids in nirvana tshirts that never heard a nirvana song or something. 

seriously WTF.
Nevermind wasn't timeless but it is a classic. I would say SLTS hasn't aged well and it's too singalongy.
Perhaps you are just irritated by the kids in nirvana tshirts that never heard a nirvana song or something. 

I've always assumed kids in nirvana shirts have never heard a nirvana song as otherwise they would never wear a nirvana shirt.

Smells like Teen Spirit is a fantastic song tbf. And come as you are is catchy.

31 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I've always assumed kids in nirvana shirts have never heard a nirvana song as otherwise they would never wear a nirvana shirt.

Smells like Teen Spirit is a fantastic song tbf. And come as you are is catchy.

There were loads of better bands around at the time than Nirvana but fucking Nickleback certainly weren't one of them. 

In Utero is an excellent album though  and Nevermind was decent.

1 hour ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Don't get me wrong, Nirvana had potential, Smells Like Teen Spirit is a fantastic song, but Silverside Up is the type of album they might have created had Kurt Cobain survived long enough to actually write a whole album's worth of decent material.

Away tae f**k.

Trying hard to have a controversial opinion whilst spouting an absolute vanilla non controversial opinion like "nirvana weren't all that good" is pure JMO.

I don't have any controversial opinions, I almost always have a moderate view on any given topic. Particularly when it comes to music. I think people overhype the music they know, in their heart of hearts, isn't actually that good and Nirvana are a prime example of it.

1 minute ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I don't have any controversial opinions, I almost always have a moderate view on any given topic. Particularly when it comes to music. I think people overhype the music they know, in their heart of hearts, isn't actually that good and Nirvana are a prime example of it.

That's your opinion, I can listen to Nirvana for hours no problem.

They are just like most guitar bands to me, better than some, worse than some others, but ultimately just a bit boring.

With the exception of Smells Like Teen Spirit which I have just put on and is pretty good.

51 minutes ago, Booker-T said:

seriously WTF.

I could never understand what he was singing but the whole grunge thing passed me by....

1 minute ago, Jmothecat2 said:

They are just like most guitar bands to me, better than some, worse than some others, but ultimately just a bit boring.

With the exception of Smells Like Teen Spirit which I have just put on and is pretty good.

I couldn't name most guitar bands as I'm not into music but they float my boat.

I actually like Rape Me

Tbf if Kurt Cobain hadn't did himself in he'd have got fat and released a decade's worth of acoustic shite.

I'm going to preface this with a very sincere and clear statement that I do not wish Eminem was dead, in any way, but I do sometimes wonder, if Eminem had died just after releasing the Marshal Mathers LP would he go down as one of the greatest musical artists of all time? He's never released any truly awful albums, but everything Eminem Show onwards has been mixed. I wonder if that sort of impacts on his reputation as an all time great.

Was absolutely daft for Nirvana as a teen in the mid-nineties, but nowadays I think the only Nirvana album I could listen to from start to finish would be the MTV Unplugged one. Usually just listen to the odd two or three songs from each of their studio albums if I decide to listen to Nirvana, and I’d gladly choose never to hear SLTS again if it were possible. 

ETA: This last page or so has gone a bit ‘Musical Memoirs with Yer Da’.

SLTS isn't even in my top 5 Nirvana songs. They were unbelievably good. Only Muse can come close to them nowadays.

SLTS isn't even in my top 5 Nirvana songs. They were unbelievably good. Only Muse can come close to them nowadays.

Muse? Fucking hell they are genuinely dire. A modern day Pink Floyd but somehow worse.

This is what I don't get about Nirvana fans, why do they always seem so down on Smells Like Teen Spirit when it is, by some considerable distance, their best song?