The Worst Posters in P&B History (2017 Edition)

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Our last entry saw Kinky start the top ten with 28 points. In 9th place we have a poster with 28 points but 3 first place votes. While more people see Kinky as a minor, background annoyance, in 9th we have someone excited much more concentrated hatred on P&B.

One of the many drawbacks to P&B's long history is the precocity of the format. Technical problems and board software changes have led to much of the forum's 14 year history being gone, repeated only through the long-standing members who were around at the time and can recall it. I started being an active poster in the summer of 2014 and don't suffer too badly from this. The 2016 upgrade saw every thread made before some point in mid-2014 which hadn't been replied to since being deleted, which means that for me, the bulk of what exists on P&B right now coincides with my posting here.

There are several indicators however of a time before this and the time after it which boggle the mind when you actually see them. While some obviously respected posters have low post counts and high reputation counts and can be easily discerned as a long term member, there are a select few who have utterly inexplicable numbers when you actually look at what they post. Right now, on P&B, the poster in 9th has the third highest greenie count. He has the 6th highest post count. And yet here we are.

One thing which has mercifully been lost to the great mists of software changes is the origin of one particular user who seems to have been popular at one point: The Phoenix. Personally this name means two things to me: Him trying to get away from xbl during a Stirling Albion game, and puns. Puns are a P&B staple enjoyed exclusively by men clearly in the midst of a midlife crisis, believing their shared love of Judith Ralston and tedious wordplay represents some form of excitement, intelligence and wit in their (online) lives. As far as I'm to understand, The Phoenix was an early proponent of this format. f**k him. And, as is evidently the case from everyone else who voted for @Zen Archer, there is strong agreement in this case. Indeed...

"Puns aren't very good IMO."

"A confusingly popular poster.  All he does is post shite puns and generally clog up threads with irrelevant shite.  Some of the bad posters are deliberately being p***ks, but Zen is 100% sincere."

"didn't really want to waste a vote on an obvious candidate but he is legitimately awful. He is quite old, so hopefully he'll be in a care home without internet access soon. "

"I hate puns."

"he's like the Booitsme of the forum but in puns. If there's a shite and i mean utterly shite pun to be made, he's the one to make it. Eyebleedingly terrible poster, having to share the championship with forum with him for so long was almost enough to leave the place forever."

Perhaps that's what makes Zen stick out from the other candidates here. You see some of the names that have been and some which are yet to come to pass and you could conceivably say they're at the wind-up on occasion. Zen never is. The Phoenix's disciple lives on, always with a mob of similarly old men to follow him round giving him validation. Whether it's a pun at every possible opportunity or that period he went through of posting multiple articles from the BBC website in the Things You Want to Share thread which nobody else noticed, the odds of Zen ever making a post worth reading are slim. You could say no post in ten did.

Don't make mine as boring as this one ffs, if you need any help pm skidders for some help.

45 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

You're the one that brought up odd behaviour. You're one of the worst for that.

You like WWF wrestling, Buffy the vampire hunter and nickleback.

Yet call others odd.

An absolute manchild having a go at folk for liking wrestling. :lol:

As for Buffy, it was aimed at a teen market about 20 years ago. Which would make me pretty much the perfect age for being a fan. You genuinely have no fucking idea about anything you say, do you?

An absolute manchild having a go at folk for liking wrestling. :lol:
As for Buffy, it was aimed at a teen market about 20 years ago. Which would make me pretty much the perfect age for being a fan. You genuinely have no fucking idea about anything you say, do you?

Finish him off with a choke slam Randy!

44 minutes ago, LinkinFighter said:

The top 5 will be interesting, you know who will be included, but the order is anyone's guess.

On 9/4/2017 at 15:56, Marshmallo said:

Been having a think about this, and the bottom five is actually not even up for debate.

In some sort of order:
Magee
8MileBU
Bennett
Gunther
O'Grady

Called it many moons ago.

You like WWF wrestling, Buffy the vampire hunter and nickleback.
Yet call others odd.

3 completely different things and you've ballsed up every one [emoji38]

I'm not a fan of any of those things but FWIW it's WWE, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Nickelback.