Catalonia

Whitburn Vale

Nice try.Puidgemont has been showboating and making it up as he goes along.Now he's ofski before the mess needs cleaned up.

The only person who's made a mess of this is that moron Rajoy.

When you start resorting to beating up old grannies to stop them voting you surely have lost the plot.

Puigdemont's wife is younger than him and quite attractive and he's not overweight. This must present quite the dilemma for the board's unionists.

Article on news there where the 'si' leader Mr Pescado (bit of beef on that chap) was standing on stage with his mother encouraging the masses to take this generational opportunity to make a difference. Very powerful oratory performance

Madrid seem desperate to boost the indy vote in the December election. Reminds me of the London reaction to the events of Easter 1916.
http://catalannews.com/politics/item/catalan-government-and-parliament-bureau-accused-of-rebellion

London had the excuse of being in the midst of a massive war they weren't sure of winning tbf.

Just now, NotThePars said:

London had the excuse of being in the midst of a massive war they weren't sure of winning tbf.

Agreed, it's a crap analogy apart from their overreaction being utterly counterproductive.

12 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

The spokescompany for the Westminster Government the BBC  have already been quick to denounce the Catalan Government in their reporting, to me this is a Spanish issue and other countries should not get involved.

it's like the 1930s all over again

I see that they have agreed to the elections in December. Bit strange agreeing to this as UDI has been declared and they are going along with Spain initiated elections.

For me, Puigdemont going to Brussels instead of staying and fighting his corner has not done the case of an independent Catalonia any favours.

He must have surely thought this scenario out before he called for a referendum?  

I see that they have agreed to the elections in December. Bit strange agreeing to this as UDI has been declared and they are going along with Spain initiated elections.
For me, Puigdemont going to Brussels instead of staying and fighting his corner has not done the case of an independent Catalonia any favours.
He must have surely thought this scenario out before he called for a referendum?  

I agree. Declaring independence you then have to act like an independent country. If he'd turned up for work with his fellow ministers Spain would have arrested them and made an ever bigger mistake. Political prisoners in 2017 in an EU state.
The Catalans need someone to look up to, to fight for them peacefully and democratically. He's have been better doing that in Catalonia.