Saying Goodbye To John Barleycorn

Sweet Pete

29 minutes ago, throbber said:

I'm whacky enough without having to take acid. Don't touch any drugs nowadays but the boozing is constant.

Far be it for me to give you advice, but you're about to taste fatherhood shortly. If you don't change your ways, and unfuck yourself,  I'm sure your lass will do it for you. 

10 hours ago, Finch road said:

It's actually not religious mate, it's a lot simpler than those words that were scribed in the 1920s. It helps a lot of people even though I disagree with it in principle

it is generally accepted that AA was founded in 1935 out of the Oxford Group, which was very much a religious organisation. The Twelve Steps were borrowed/adapted from the Oxford Group's principles.

3 hours ago, throbber said:

It's my girlfriend who's making me stop, she couldn't sleep last night as I was making so much noise and almost choking to death. If I had it my way I would be drinking today.

Sleep apnoea, I get it too. That's why you don't feel properly refreshed after a drunk sleep. Having said that, abstention is not the answer for you today. 5 or 6 pints, enough to take the edge now and an early night is what you need. Trust me, I'm a Doctor.

I often go months without drinking alcohol. The idea that not drinking for a week is a challenge is fairly mental to me.

I have bought some #cans for the NFL games tonight though. #cans #lads #bagofcans

• 1 month later...
The last month or so I've been sneezing irritated skin bad breathing and general hayfever symptoms. I changed how and what I drink recently and wonder if I have an allergy to something. Anyone else get a tightness in their chest after drinking?

RIP

1 hour ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

The last month or so I've been sneezing irritated skin bad breathing and general hayfever symptoms. I changed how and what I drink recently and wonder if I have an allergy to something. Anyone else get a tightness in their chest after drinking?

Only if it goes down the wrong pipe.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

I have been managing to abstain from alcohol Monday - Thursday of late and have limited myself to 15 cans of bud and a bottle of red wine to distribute throughout the weekend. Feel much better for it.

That still has you in the "piss tank" classification I'm afraid Throbs.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

It’s still not really that much if spread over a few hours drinking if I start at 3 and finish at about 9. When I was hammering down 4 or 5 beers and about a half bottle of wine between 6-10 pm through the week was when I would have been classed as a piss pot by most.

It's still binge drinking when you look at the recommended weekly unit intake.......except you're having all that over 3 days!