Scotland v Netherlands squad/lineup

Chimter-boys

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, PB 4.2 said:

It's kinda mental the sheer amount of left-footed players we have as squad options.   

You could have 

Gordon

Tierney Mulgrew Berra Robertson 

McGinn Bannan 

Snodgrass McGregor  Ritchie 

Griffiths  

Subs 

Hanlon 

Shinnie 

Mclean 

Cummings 

Fletcher

Crainey 

I said to a mate a couple of games ago, that this might be the first time in international football history that the entire back four (and keeper) of one team is naturally left footed.

1 hour ago, kenny131 said:

Your the 1 who mentioned......I just agreed

No, you didn't agree.  I was putting forward sinking migrant boats as an obvious hyperbole of something awful someone could do.  I wasn't really expecting you to go all EDL on it.

Just now, forameus said:

No, you didn't agree.  I was putting forward sinking migrant boats as an obvious hyperbole of something awful someone could do.  I wasn't really expecting you to go all EDL on it.

Too late @forameus - your shameful championing of sinking migrant boats has been exposed.

James Forrest to be dropped and @forameus to play on the right wing tomorrow night.

Just now, Gordopolis said:

Too late @forameus - your shameful championing of sinking migrant boats has been exposed.

James Forrest to be dropped and @forameus to play on the right wing tomorrow night.

f**k, I've been found out.  Better make sure my white sheet and pointy hat are clean for tonight, got a perfectly legal and not-at-all racist meeting tonight.

I see the Glaswegian Media having a little pop about the fact that only 13k Tickets have been sold so far....I wont lie, I felt that Crowd could be higher as its in my home City and it doesn't happen a lot but the Glaswegian Media need to put things in perspective...as people have said, its just a PR Exercise, to advertise New Kits Probably,  neither team has qualified and will have lots of players who have called off etc. Add to the fact that it is on TV, it is 6 weeks from Christmas what on earth does the Glasgow Media expect, a Sell out? I imagine it would be pay at the Gate or something similar and total crowd will be aronund the 15k mark which, for a game like this is still not bad in the grand scheme of things.....Quite sure Easter Road was near empty when we played Canada and Qatar....also if this game was at Hampden and they got 20k nothing would be said, bigger catchment area, so why is it ok to slate the fact this isn't a sell out?

2 hours ago, forameus said:

Stop being a snowflake ffs.

12 minutes ago, troopio said:

I see the Glaswegian Media having a little pop about the fact that only 13k Tickets have been sold so far....I wont lie, I felt that Crowd could be higher as its in my home City and it doesn't happen a lot but the Glaswegian Media need to put things in perspective...as people have said, its just a PR Exercise, to advertise New Kits Probably,  neither team has qualified and will have lots of players who have called off etc. Add to the fact that it is on TV, it is 6 weeks from Christmas what on earth does the Glasgow Media expect, a Sell out? I imagine it would be pay at the Gate or something similar and total crowd will be aronund the 15k mark which, for a game like this is still not bad in the grand scheme of things.....Quite sure Easter Road was near empty when we played Canada and Qatar....also if this game was at Hampden and they got 20k nothing would be said, bigger catchment area, so why is it ok to slate the fact this isn't a sell out?

13k actually seems quite positive for me.  Imagine that the SFA will be fairly happy, even if the media want to make something out of it.

Glasgow media annoyed about travelling?

If it ends-up 15,000 to 16,000 that's perfectly decent and actually slightly higher than I'd have expected, given the circumstances and nature of the game and competitive crowds recently.

It'd also stack-up pretty well against other friendlies outside Glasgow in last 10yrs:

at Easter Road, Edinburgh
15 Aug 2012 ... 11,110 ... Australia
05 Jun 2015  ... 14,270 ... Qatar
22 Mar 2017 ...    9,158 ... Canada

at Pittodrie, Aberdeen
22 Aug 2007 ... 13,723 ... South Africa
16 Nov 2010 ... 10,873 ... Faroe Islands
06 Feb 2013 ... 16,202 ... Estonia

Friendly crowds at Hampden in same period 18,385 (Denmark)... 20,117 (NI)... 21,079 (USA)... 17,582 (Denmark)... 26,530 (Czech Rep)... 32, 492 (Argentina)... 28,072 (NI)... 28,821 (Croatia).

Archived