Scotland v Netherlands squad/lineup

Chimter-boys

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, forameus said:

But is that the SFA or BBC Scotland? I'm not saying they shouldn't be put on terrestrial by the way, They probably should, but it's a bit of a black box with regards to whose fault it is.

BBC used to have the away qualifiers (did they used to have highlights as eel? Can't remember) but presume they got muscled out. Now they're very unlikely to wrestle them away. A friendly would maybe be achievable, but do they see it as worthwhile? It's a nothing game in many respects.

Pre-2014, SFA sold our home games in a package to Sky, along with friendlies and Scottish Cup. BBC Scotland could (and often did) buy rights for away games from each opponent.  They kind of got squeezed out after 2008, presumably because the ratings were quite good that time and others were willing to pay more. Since 2014 all of the games across Europe have been sold centrally by UEFA, with Sky buying the Scotland, Wales, NI and ROI packages.

As you say, there isn't much point in buying a friendly by itself. I think the last Scotland game that was on the BBC was a friendly v Nigeria 3-4 years ago.

When was the last time Jack actually played at right back? Are we going back three or four seasons?

I'm all for experimental line-ups in friendlies, particularly right now as the Nations League means we'll have no more for at least two years after March, but that means experimentation in the sense of giving players their first caps, or trying out new partnerships at centre back or holding midfield. It doesn't mean playing holding midfielders at right back or wingers at centre forward when there are players who can actually play in those positions available.

Obviously Mackay isn't getting the job and everyone should be delighted about that regardless of tonight, but this really is absolutely bizarre behaviour on his part.

12 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

When was the last time Jack actually played at right back? Are we going back three or four seasons?

He played 45 minutes for us against St Johnstone at right-back last season. He was terrible; Logan was brought on at half-time, and Jack promptly moved back into midfield.  The only time before that I can immediately recall was also against St Johnstone the season before last, where he fell on his arse and conceded a penalty. 

What kind of beast doesn't have access to Sky BTW? It's hardly life ending stuff when everyone and their dog can get access to Sky Go by merely asking a mate who inevitably has it, or by walking to a pub.

Line up is terrifyingly shite. Have to hope Holland utterly shit the bed.

Archived