Scotland v Netherlands squad/lineup

Chimter-boys

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Malky Mackay saying hes not calling up a striker, so any tweak for our only uncapped striker and we have no recognised striker. Even when you take away the horrid bigoted stuff, the man is horribly inept.

Callum Davidson was a Scotland coach under Strachan, and has spent the last two months phoning the SFA and Mackay to find out if he's still needed or what, and he's never been answered, not even a phone call to say he's not required.

Embarrassingly amateur stuff.

Malky Mackay saying hes not calling up a striker, so any tweak for our only uncapped striker and we have no recognised striker. Even when you take away the horrid bigoted stuff, the man is horribly inept.

That’s unbelievable, even if he didn’t have any intention of giving a second striker game time the experience of a call up would be a decent boost for Stevie May or someone similar.
I thought we’d seen the end of this stubborn attitude.
Mackay clearly doesn’t want the job.

5 minutes ago, Rabinho said:

That’s unbelievable, even if he didn’t have any intention of giving a second striker game time the experience of a call up would be a decent boost for Stevie May or someone similar.
I thought we’d seen the end of this stubborn attitude.
Mackay clearly doesn’t want the job.

I think he does to be honest, his name as a manager is in tatters and this just about the only signinifant gig he can get 

45 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Callum Davidson was a Scotland coach under Strachan, and has spent the last two months phoning the SFA and Mackay to find out if he's still needed or what, and he's never been answered, not even a phone call to say he's not required.

Embarrassingly amateur stuff.

If true thats a shambles,  Im guessing he doesn't have the stones to tell him or deal with the media explaining why.

FOUR-SIX-OH!
FOUR-SIX-OH!
FOUR-SIX-OH!

Shite stuff really. It's a relatively nothing game, but given he presumably wants the job, Or at least has the pride he says he has in managing his country, you'd think he's actually seem like he gave a shit about the squad. It's like he's playing FM and just mashing continue. If our 3rd had pulled out leaving us with 2, fair enough, but now we don't have any other options to try out something different, which is the point of these games, not to mention Cummings getting injured or anything.

Just goes to show, We don't even need to mention his spotted past to show that Malky Mackay is not a very good option.

15 hours ago, forameus said:

FOUR-SIX-OH!
FOUR-SIX-OH!
FOUR-SIX-OH!

Shite stuff really. It's a relatively nothing game, but given he presumably wants the job, Or at least has the pride he says he has in managing his country, you'd think he's actually seem like he gave a shit about the squad. It's like he's playing FM and just mashing continue. If our 3rd had pulled out leaving us with 2, fair enough, but now we don't have any other options to try out something different, which is the point of these games, not to mention Cummings getting injured or anything.

Just goes to show, We don't even need to mention his spotted past to show that Malky Mackay is not a very good option.

The 4 6 0 was what I was thinking were going to see again lol

It's kinda mental the sheer amount of left-footed players we have as squad options.   

You could have 

Gordon

Tierney Mulgrew Berra Robertson 

McGinn Bannan 

Snodgrass McGregor  Ritchie 

Griffiths  

Subs 

Hanlon 

Shinnie 

Mclean 

Cummings 

Fletcher

Crainey 

Whatever you think of his past his reasoning and the fact he’s not called up more than 1 striker to the squad after the pullout of Griffiths should render him disqualified from the job automatically.  That and playing at Jack RB when he’s not played there for years. Madness.

Whatever you think of his past his reasoning and the fact he’s not called up more than 1 striker to the squad after the pullout of Griffiths should render him disqualified from the job automatically.  That and playing at Jack RB when he’s not played there for years. Madness.

Totally disagree. It’s his past that should render him disqualified. For a meaningless friendly, he can play whomever he likes wherever he likes. This squad is a public relations exercise.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Totally disagree. It’s his past that should render him disqualified. For a meaningless friendly, he can play whomever he likes wherever he likes. This squad is a public relations exercise.

I'd disagree with that.  I think had this been a manager that wasn't just vaguely competent (that'd be nice for once, wouldn't it?) but actually a very good manager with a good track record, then far more would forgive him and say that he deserves a second chance.  I know there would be plenty that still thought the same way, and that's fair enough, but as I've said before, if we found out that Sir Alex is spending his retirement doing blackface and sinking migrant ships in the Channel, then people would still want him in the job if he was interested.

So at the end of the day, for me you need to focus solely on his abilities to perform the role.  He comes up well short in that regard.  If he didn't, then his past becomes more of an issue, but he brings nothing.

Archived