Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be United's next permanent manager?  

217 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why?

Ok I'll explain it . I wouldn't want my new incoming manager thinking he was second choice if he clearly wasn't. This would also show some pride and to try galvanise the club.
Due to the fact that over the last couple of years nearly all the news coming out of tannadice has been of a negative nature, the last thing you would allow is Stubbs lying about more

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

Ok I'll explain it . I wouldn't want my new incoming manager thinking he was second choice if he clearly wasn't. This would also show some pride and to try galvanise the club.
Due to the fact that over the last couple of years nearly all the news coming out of tannadice has been of a negative nature, the last thing you would allow is Stubbs lying about more

So, would you comment on every story reported in every media source or just those which you don't like? What about stories that might be fundamentally wrong but have an element of truth? Or the reverse? What about stories which are true but confidential? False but the truth is confidential? Stories which are false and insulting? True and insulting?

Or, do you just not comment on such stories and simply ignore what is ultimately irrelevant gossip?

Those involved in the process will know what's going on. I'm sure they couldn't give two fucks for the opinion of some internet bell-end.

22 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

Would you refuse a job you wanted if you were unemployed and found out that someone else was offered it first?  I genuinely doubt any out of work manager gives a f**k if they are first choice or not, if an opportunity they fancy presents itself, they'll take it.

Would you refuse a job you wanted if you were unemployed and found out that someone else was offered it first?  I genuinely doubt any out of work manager gives a f**k if they are first choice or not, if an opportunity they fancy presents itself, they'll take it.

I see you only posted some of my post.
I never said he would refuse it ?
And Alan Stubbs is an out of work manager... he refused it allegedly .

27 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

One of the reports on Lazlo in todays courier also has a line stated that Stubbs had not been offered the job.

Either Stubbs or his agent will obviously try to put a spin on it which puts them in the best light.

I get that, I would just do that in a one to one meeting with my new manager than through the Daily Record.
I wouldn't break off a recruitment process to start penning articles.

Thomson had the media hacks on speed dial for years. Would take him 2 .minutes

3 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

Thomson had the media hacks on speed dial for years. Would take him 2 .minutes

He could.

It doesn't explain why he would 

Even answering it's true quite simply very very few people and no one who matters will give any fucks about it.

9 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

I see you only posted some of my post.
I never said he would refuse it ?
And Alan Stubbs is an out of work manager... he refused it allegedly .

I quoted the part I was responding to. If they wouldn't refuse it, why would it matter if a manger thought he was first, second or third choice? If he wants the job and believes he can do it, he'll take it. Alan Stubbs clearly didn't fancy the job, regardless of whether we believe he was offered it or not. It'll have next to no affect on the guy who is offered it and takes it.

1 hour ago, bobbycoxblue said:

And Alan Stubbs is an out of work manager.

Is he? Are you sure?

I mean clearly he literally is a manager not currently in charge of a team but the terms of his departure from Rotherham may well mean he's still in their employment on a gardening leave and have to take a salary cut if he takes another job. There may be factors like that in play.

I quoted the part I was responding to. If they wouldn't refuse it, why would it matter if a manger thought he was first, second or third choice? If he wants the job and believes he can do it, he'll take it. Alan Stubbs clearly didn't fancy the job, regardless of whether we believe he was offered it or not. It'll have next to no affect on the guy who is offered it and takes it.

Some friendly advice. Save your time. Bobby is one of the random Dundee fans who spends his entire time saying how much he hates United, and tries to twist literally anything that happens at their club into some incredible disaster. I'd bet he's likely to end up in the Dundee thread soon laughing at United for hiring Csaba.

File Fifespud under the same thing.

Some friendly advice. Save your time. Bobby is one of the random Dundee fans who spends his entire time saying how much he hates United, and tries to twist literally anything that happens at their club into some incredible disaster. I'd bet he's likely to end up in the Dundee thread soon laughing at United for hiring Csaba.

File Fifespud under the same thing.

Hate is a strong word. I hate septic and sevco and all they stand for.
I strongly dislike united. But for the record , whether csaba works or not. He's the dayglos best option.

Ps. I hate you

Is he? Are you sure?
I mean clearly he literally is a manager not currently in charge of a team but the terms of his departure from Rotherham may well mean he's still in their employment on a gardening leave and have to take a salary cut if he takes another job. There may be factors like that in play.

Perhaps. But the fact he applied tells me he was interested at some point. He also must have had a rough idea of the salary he'd have been offered ?

Archived