Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be United's next permanent manager?  

217 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The DA said:

Quite.  United (and Rangers!)  are on a two-match unbeaten run since we booted McKinnon.  Bring in a director of football and make Ellis permanent head coach.

There are alot worse options oit there than that.

Ellis seems to be getting more out of this team than McKinnon could ever dream of and bringing an older DOF to take charge of everything else seems like it could be a good idea.

2 games into his temporary managerial career and im wondering if we should just leave it as it is and just pretend we're looking for a new manager!

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Ellis seems to be getting more out of this team than McKinnon could ever dream of and bringing an older DOF to take charge of everything else seems like it could be a good idea.

2 games into his temporary managerial career and im wondering if we should just leave it as it is and just pretend we're looking for a new manager!

Professional players are shitebags.   They have proven they have the ability but refuse to play for certain managers ???  Fans are mugs for putting up with it all IMO . 

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Yeh aslong as you never give him a permanent contract. Caretaker managers results always seem to go to shit as soon as you give them the gig permanently.

2 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Professional players are shitebags.   They have proven they have the ability but refuse to play for certain managers ???  Fans are mugs for putting up with it all IMO . 

So , so wrong.  Players are not stupid, most of them know their own abilities and strengths; they probably know their own weaknesses and that probably applies to that of their team mates.  They will know when the tactics and formations are working and when they're not. They will know when they are being asked to do reasonable things and when they're being asked to do the unreasonable.  They will know when the manager understands the opposition and when he has no clue as to the oppositions strengths, weaknesses and tactics.

They will know when a team mate is underperforming and/or not interested and though the team dynamics probably inhibit them from saying too much about it they will know when the manager should deal with the issue and will be concerned when he doesn't.

If a manager is not doing his job the players will know and will react to it.

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

So , so wrong.  Players are not stupid, most of them know their own abilities and strengths; they probably know their own weaknesses and that probably applies to that of their team mates.  They will know when the tactics and formations are working and when they're not. They will know when they are being asked to do reasonable things and when they're being asked to do the unreasonable.  They will know when the manager understands the opposition and when he has no clue as to the oppositions strengths, weaknesses and tactics.

They will know when a team mate is underperforming and/or not interested and though the team dynamics probably inhibit them from saying too much about it they will know when the manager should deal with the issue and will be concerned when he doesn't.

If a manager is not doing his job the players will know and will react to it.

They may not be stupid but they are cunning b*****ds.   I would be so disappointed if any of my staff decided just to down tools thinking that is in the best interests of the organisation  who are paying their wages. .

It is in the manager's best interests to listen to players' gripes and pick up on bad feelings  and ideas on how to better things , but if players are not forthcoming and just refuse to perform  ( possibly because their ego has been dented in some small way ) then what chance does a manager have ?  ....................Especially one like Ray who is one of  the most approachable guys I know . 

As has possibly been mentioned before though it is easier to get rid of one man than to sack a load of petulant bairns with agents .  The more "  influential "  players of a squad know this and play on it , convincing  their teammates when and when not to play.    I have seen at first hand how players work  and it is not very subtle sometimes .  

Tommy Wright now odds on at McBookie.
I honestly can't see it, but the punters are certainly backing it to happen...

He's been "odds on" favourite every so often for the past few days.

Almost as if nobodies betting on it anymore so whenever a £20 gets chucked at someone their odds plummet

I’m going to stick £20 on Erik Pedersen. Tomorrow’s Evening Tele headline will be - “EXCLUSIVE - Cult hero Pedersen in line for incredible return to Tannadice as manager.”

Either that or £50 on myself - “EXCLUSIVE - Shock as local teacher emerges as late favourite for United job. “

21 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I’m going to stick £20 on Erik Pedersen. Tomorrow’s Evening Tele headline will be - “EXCLUSIVE - Cult hero Pedersen in line for incredible return to Tannadice as manager.”

Either that or £50 on myself - “EXCLUSIVE - Shock as local teacher emerges as late favourite for United job. “

You’re not even the favourite in your own house any more.

15 hours ago, stumigoo said:

I believe I've already made my feelings clear on which member of your family should be getting the gig.

Archived