c***s on the road

38 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Why do some drivers when they’ve made a glaring error on the road, give the international f**k off finger when you blow the horn to point out said error? Most of these people wouldn’t tell you to f**k off to your face when they’re in the wrong, why do it when in yer car? This can lead to a full blown road rage incident. Why not simply give the international hand up apology when you know you’ve made a rip roaring James Hunt of it, and defuse the whole thing? 
Own up to your mistakes and don’t play the hard man because you’re in your car 

thanks to Salvo Montalbano for putting me onto this thread 

•  

If I make a mistake and I know it, and someone beeps me, they get the finger. It's like a reflex. 

Another one is these total bampot that race away from the lights to get in front of you, then slow down holding you up. WHY? 
They are up there with the total fannys that sit behind you on the motorway for a while, then pull out and pass you, then slow down forcing you to pass them again. 
why the f**k do you do that?

18 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Why? 
When you beep someone and they do that to you, how do you react? 

You sit on them and don't remove your hand from the noisy pad, obviously. Not until you're staring at them eating Thier evening meal through their windows with their family. Let their children know their parent is an idiot.

10 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Another one is these total bampot that race away from the lights to get in front of you, then slow down holding you up. WHY? 
They are up there with the total fannys that sit behind you on the motorway for a while, then pull out and pass you, then slow down forcing you to pass them again. 

To show you how annoying your driving is.

58 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Why do some drivers when they’ve made a glaring error on the road, give the international f**k off finger when you blow the horn to point out said error? Most of these people wouldn’t tell you to f**k off to your face when they’re in the wrong, why do it when in yer car? This can lead to a full blown road rage incident. Why not simply give the international hand up apology when you know you’ve made a rip roaring James Hunt of it, and defuse the whole thing? 

thanks to Salvo Montalbano for putting me onto this thread 

I feel your pain, but...

Do you really need to blow the horn to point out said error? 

Especially when they know they’ve made a rip roaring James Hunt of it'?

Folk do seem to be more aggressive when they get behind the wheel of a car, but you never know who's driving the other motor.

34 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Might be in a car limited to below the roads speed limit.

Dawdling away from the lights is far worse behaviour in most cases you can see the conflicting set of lights turn amber there is no need to be sat at green without any movement.

47 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Do you really need to blow the horn to point out said error? 

Fair point

I’ll only ever blow the horn if said error makes me shit myself (I’m at that age) or forces me to take evasive action. 

30 minutes ago, 101 said:

Might be in a car limited to below the roads speed limit.

Dawdling away from the lights is far worse behaviour in most cases you can see the conflicting set of lights turn amber there is no need to be sat at green without any movement.

I don’t hang about at any point on the road, but I don’t drive like a bell end. I don’t brake where simply lifting your foot is enough, etc. 

Don't get me wrong though, I’m not perfect, I wouldn’t pass a driving test now, but I always own my mistakes, and wave an apology to anyone my error has effected. I do this because that’s how I’d like others to be with me. 

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

They're just like dogs playing catch, don't be such a spoilsport.

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

My record is 5 overtakes. Driving from Aberdeen to Glasgow and twice between Dundee and Perth and three time between Perth & Stirling I passed the same car.

All on stretches where i had the car in cruise control at 74. Caught and passed car, they sped up and, overtook then slowed and I slowly passed again.

I never varied my speed, it was a quiet day and little traffic, I was at a constant speed, they varied from  about 60 to 80 depending on mood/concentration/insanity/racing/viewing scenery or whatever they were doing that was so greatly varying their speed.

2 hours ago, Wacky said:

Depends on how aggressive the horn blowing was and if it was obvious they knew I was there, this would definitely get a response, I usually blow people a kiss though as I find it really increases the rage. So if some c**t pisses you off on the roads and blows you a kiss fair chance it's me, squares goes accepted if kids aren't in car with me. Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

My record is 5 overtakes. Driving from Aberdeen to Glasgow and twice between Dundee and Perth and three time between Perth & Stirling I passed the same car.

All on stretches where i had the car in cruise control at 74. Caught and passed car, they sped up and, overtook then slowed and I slowly passed again.

I never varied my speed, it was a quiet day and little traffic, I was at a constant speed, they varied from  about 60 to 80 depending on mood/concentration/insanity/racing/viewing scenery or whatever they were doing that was so greatly varying their speed.

I had similar driving a steady 60-65 from Brora to Inverness. It was a Fiat 500 doing a pedal to the metal 75/80 on the straights and about 40 on the bends. They didn't actually overtake me but they'd get close enough to tailgate just before the next bend when I'd pull away. After a while it got annoying so I pulled into a layby and let them pass.

16 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

You are running the risk of incurring the wrath of the average speed cameras between Perth and Stirling driving over 70 mph. 

11 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Depends on how aggressive the horn blowing was and if it was obvious they knew I was there, this would definitely get a response, I usually blow people a kiss though as I find it really increases the rage. So if some c**t pisses you off on the roads and blows you a kiss fair chance it's me, squares goes accepted if kids aren't in car with me. Thanks. 

Jings, my days for rolling around with someone is way behind me now. Don’t get me wrong here, I’ll defend myself with all I have, but wouldn’t ever get out the car over acts of driving bawbaggery. Try to pull my door open and it’s a whole different attitude from me. 
I’ll spin my finger at the side of my head in the national “you’re a fuckin loony” type of way to get my point across. 

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I had similar driving a steady 60-65 from Brora to Inverness. It was a Fiat 500 doing a pedal to the metal 75/80 on the straights and about 40 on the bends. They didn't actually overtake me but they'd get close enough to tailgate just before the next bend when I'd pull away. After a while it got annoying so I pulled into a layby and let them pass.

I’ll slow down or stop to let these ringpieces past too. I usually open the window and give the big sweeping hand to indicate that they may pass, then laugh like a geriatric when they inevitably gawk at me while passing. 

1 minute ago, Cosmic Joe said:

You are running the risk of incurring the wrath of the average speed cameras between Perth and Stirling driving over 70 mph. 

I was told by a traffic cop that you're ok up to 79 if you're driving safely on a dual carriage way, anymore and it's an automatic fine and points. I try to stick to roughly 10% over max, whatever the speed limit is.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I was told by a traffic cop that you're ok up to 79 if you're driving safely on a dual carriage way, anymore and it's an automatic fine and points. I try to stick to roughly 10% over max, whatever the speed limit is.

Depending on the road conditions I would hope.