c***s on the road

54 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

Yep, that guy seems like a p***k. The taxi hardly slammed on the brakes, it indicated, pulled in and slowed down a bit. Surely the cyclist heard the emergency vehicle as it had it's siren on, and shouldn't have been overtaking other cyclists as it approached and should have been anticipating vehicles in front to pull in (unless he had earphones on and was listening to music that drowned out the surrounding noise).

If he was listening to music then he's a moron. 

Taxi is well in his rights to pull in like he did for an emergency service.

5 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I am sympathetic to cyclists but some of the Twitter people who make complaining their personality let the side down.

It would have been better to let the emergency vehicle pull into the cycle lane and skittles the twat.

5 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I am sympathetic to cyclists but some of the Twitter people who make complaining their personality let the side down.

You see it all the time in these dashcam/go pro videos from cyclists and motorists alike.

Watching these you can see something happening ahead like someone trying to merge ahead and the person recording speeds up because they need to be right. Instead of seeing someone indicating and slowing down letting them on their way. They’ll speed up to get their clip for social media etc 

^^^ Base price ca. £180k and that's before you spec. the specific accessories you need from the huge range on offer.

Tremendous workhorses though but only 13 mpg. When I was in Germany, we had one on the sugar beet fields but try as I might, I couldn't get a shot at driving it. 😧

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

7 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Cyclng Mikey got criticised for this a few days ago. 

7 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I am a cyclist, and - in those circumstances - would fully expect the taxi to pull over for a second. Theres a f**king emergency vehicle coming from behind ya twat !

There are a lot of cyclists who seem to revel in this passive aggressive arsehole persona by using these go pro cameras.

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

If he was listening to music then he's a moron. 

Taxi is well in his rights to pull in like he did for an emergency service.

Drivers and cyclists using earphones is a pet hate of mine. I listen to the radio in the car, but it's never loud enough to completely block out noise from outside the car. I consider your hearing to be a critical part of driving so I don't know how people can drive cars with earphones in that probably block out most external noise, especially is they are noise cancelling. It's even worse for a cyclist where being aware of your surroundings is more important from a personal safety point of view.