c***s on the road

1 hour ago, Andrew Driver said:

The thing is a 3 exit roundabout is basically just a crossroads with a circle in the middle.    You wouldn't dream of indicating right to go straight on at a crossroads.   Absolute fools!  

Especially in Dundee...

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

If the exit is at 2 o clock then you should be indicating right.

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/appendix-roundabouts

I know. And I do. But I shouldn't according to some ^^^ up there ^^^ and I'll admit it, every time I do it, it don't feel right being in the left lane on a roundabout indicating right for so long but strictly speaking, it is correct. That don't matter a f**k though when some ignorant twat in a volvo sideswipes you.  

It's just a c**t of a roundabout. There's always accidents there. 

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

Bunch of choochters spending the holidays arguing about how to negotiate  the modern witchcraft of road circles. Never change PnB, never change.  

For some reason non-Govan residing ***-fucks have been at home with Govan circles for years. Give yourself a non-Govan residing  ***-f**k pat on the back. 

Well done! 

Edited by Angusfifer

4 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

It's a weird one for sure. However the geography of some roundabouts and the roadside directions approaching them can make it seem sensible. 

A roundabout i use every week lends itself to it. Always busy. Almost always traffic queuing, waiting to get on at every entry. Its a four exit one with 'straight' on being the third exit. Yet its the left lane on approach you're directed to. The right lane is for exit four only although in willing to bet 50% of people in it are planning on exciting at 3. I'm always uncomfortable with it as people seeing you in the left lane assume your gonna exit before them. This results in you having to brake as they pull out in front of you. In this situating indicating right at least tells them I'm not exciting just yet. Theoretically, it's incorrect as stated earlier but I'll continue to do it :)

What it also does is let the chump on my inside attempting to take the same exit as me (incorrectly) know I'm not about to exit thus give him a space to 'jump' into to exit at 3. 

It's a pain in the arse. A17/A16 at Sutterton. A fuckin ball ache. All the time. 

2 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

I know. And I do. But I shouldn't according to some ^^^ up there ^^^ and I'll admit it, every time I do it, it don't feel right being in the left lane on a roundabout indicating right for so long but strictly speaking, it is correct. That don't matter a f**k though when some ignorant twat in a volvo sideswipes you.  

It's just a c**t of a roundabout. There's always accidents there. 

Winter driving, not sure if this is the best thread to discuss

Is anyone able to advise what would be a decent second hand 4x4. I think I need a winter vehicle, preferably with half decent mpg?

I live in the tropics of Inverness but need to travel through the wilderness to Kingussie on a regular basis. I've been lucky with the weather on the A9 in my Hyundai i30 but don't know how long my luck will last!

8 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Is anyone able to advise what would be a decent second hand 4x4. I think I need a winter vehicle, preferably with half decent mpg?

I live in the tropics of Inverness but need to travel through the wilderness to Kingussie on a regular basis. I've been lucky with the weather on the A9 in my Hyundai i30 but don't know how long my luck will last!

What exactly are you after? Car? 4x4? SUV (although most of them are show and no go)? 

They'll love me for this :lol: Get an Audi. Or a Subaru. Both great when the weather is poor. Not idiot proof as some people seem to think but more traction is a great benefit provided you know how to use it. 

All that said. Have you considered proper winter tyres? They too make a difference. Particularly on 2wd vehicles. 

8 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Wouldn't worry about it, global warming will sort you out. And you could always get the train on a bad day. Seems a bit much to buy a new car for a couple of days a year, unless you really fancy having one. That's a different thing altogether. Winter tyres sound like a good idea, but how do you change them in a hurry unless they're already on duplicate wheels?

Here's a possibility...

https://www.motors.co.uk/car-58345937/?i=0&m=scp

Edited by welshbairn