c***s on the road

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

When up north I always let the psycho country bumpkins past on single track roads, they go flying round blind bends at 60mph, wether you know the road or not you don't know what's coming round the corner.

Would I f**k be pulling over whilst doing the speed limit on a normal road to let some raging gammon past.

Dual carriageways and motorways only in the outside lane overtaking and even if I am going faster than the lane next to me if I see someone racing up behind me I'll let them past when safe.

Why bring in a person's skin colour to this?

And you would rather another car was tailgating you putting yourself at risk than safely letting them past.

The most irritating tailgaters are those that combine it with lane hogging the middle lane. Three lane motorway and they’re flashing lights and gesticulating if you don’t pull into a 20 metre gap between Lorries or stay out at a junction, all while the fast lane is free. 

I like to throw things at them out of the. Window. Paint is good.

17 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

@alta-pete drives one of these pimptractors.

Jist sayin', likesay...................................

Used to chief, used to. I'm afraid the LEZ finally ground me into submission. I'm in Glasgow a fair bit for work and parking on the fringes of the city centre and walking in actually felt quite virtuous last summer. Doing that for six months of winter, invariably turning up to meetings soaked, and I'm afraid the novelty wore off very quickly.

And because of the LEZ in Glasgow, and its imminent arrival in the other cities, values were dropping like a stone so, with a very heavy heart, I'm afraid it had to go.

So the eco-zealots win and I've ordered a hybrid that actually I wouldn't otherwise have needed. My gas guzzler went to a dealer down Preston way where it will continue to provide its apparently noxious but hugely comfortable transport for some lucky bugger for many years and miles to come.

2 hours ago, thistledo said:

Or indicating incorrectly. See quite a lot of the indicating right at smaller roundabouts when going straight on, tremendously useful driving. 

I’m convinced some folk must think that they should indicate right if they aren’t leaving at the next exit. Hence the whole “indicate right to go straight on” behaviour. It’s mental.

41 minutes ago, Big Bobo said:

Sorry I still do not get this. The slower you go the closer the other car will get to you.

If someone's tailgating you the slower you go the more braking distance they have.

There was a post a few pages back about blocking tailgaters on a dual carriageway - that’s just outright dangerous at that speed. Pull in to the inside lane and let them on their way.

I think the only time I intentionally piss off a tailgater is if I’m on a 20 or 30, someone’s needlessly sitting at my arse and I’m about to take a left turn off the road. Sometimes I’ll gently slow down way more than I actually need to to make the turn, like a geriatric would. It’s quite funny when you see them absolutely beeling behind you.

17 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

How do you know a hypothetical old lady isn't having a heart attack in the car behind you?

As someone who genuinely has been trying to smash it down a motorway to reach a hospital, only to be stuck behind someone doing 60 in the overtaking lane, I do find it hilarious how "righteous" people permanently just assume what they're doing is the best thing.

Tailgaters aren't going to stop because you've held them up either, if anything it'll make them speed more and undertake in future. Not everyone cares about your life enough to be safe if you're annoying them. I've never felt its worth the risk doing that just to feel good about yourself.

This person doing 60 in the outside lane is an arsehole, but it’s not the same thing as slowing down in front of some maniac in a 20-30 limit.

There might be cases where they have a genuine emergency but driving in such a way that’s likely to cause another emergency isn’t going to help them.

27 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Used to chief, used to. I'm afraid the LEZ finally ground me into submission. I'm in Glasgow a fair bit for work and parking on the fringes of the city centre and walking in actually felt quite virtuous last summer. Doing that for six months of winter, invariably turning up to meetings soaked, and I'm afraid the novelty wore off very quickly.

And because of the LEZ in Glasgow, and its imminent arrival in the other cities, values were dropping like a stone so, with a very heavy heart, I'm afraid it had to go.

So the eco-zealots win and I've ordered a hybrid that actually I wouldn't otherwise have needed. My gas guzzler went to a dealer down Preston way where it will continue to provide its apparently noxious but hugely comfortable transport for some lucky bugger for many years and miles to come.

Sorry for your loss.

4 hours ago, alta-pete said:

The silliest thing about the LEZs is that someone could trade in their banned but extremely efficient modern diesel car for a near-20 year old V8 petrol Range Rover, which is obviously much better for the environment.

11 hours ago, PogoStick said:

I vaguely called out people (not you) for calling someone else a c**t so now you are following me all over the forum and red dotting my every post. I’ve returned the favour.

What an utter walloper you are 😂

Aye cause that's what happened... clearly a total roaster 

14 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

I wasn't completely sure before but, aye, you're at it.

The only "skin" here is your own infinitesimally thin epidermis, irrespective of its colour.

At what ?

Putting across my view that it is stupid and dangerous to irritate and wind up other road users. 

I did not bring skin colour into it. Maybe take a look at the poster that did as skin colour has absolutely nothing to do with bad driving.

3 hours ago, Big Bobo said:

At what ?

Putting across my view that it is stupid and dangerous to irritate and wind up other road users. 

I did not bring skin colour into it. Maybe take a look at the poster that did as skin colour has absolutely nothing to do with bad driving.

A vein popping purple face is a very good indicator of bad driving.