c***s on the road

6 minutes ago, Big Bobo said:

This is a subject that I do get angry about. A car is a dangerous thing and reading posts about drivers winding up and irritating other drivers is stupid and dangerous.

I agree a car is a dangerous thing, particularly in the hands of some lunatic who thinks it's ok to sit on the bumper of the car in front to try and intimidate them. I think you're time would be better spent trying to highlight the stupidity of it and educating the fuckwits who use these highly dangerous bullying tactics than whimpering that others should just let them have their way. They are the ones creating an unnecessary danger to start with, fcuk bowing down to them.

16 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

I agree a car is a dangerous thing, particularly in the hands of some lunatic who thinks it's ok to sit on the bumper of the car in front to try and intimidate them. I think you're time would be better spent trying to highlight the stupidity of it and educating the fuckwits who use these highly dangerous bullying tactics than whimpering that others should just let them have their way. They are the ones creating an unnecessary danger to start with, fcuk bowing down to them.

I agree that tailgaiting is dangerous, intimidating and can be an act of bullying. 

These idiots will never be educated on it until an accident happens. If you like making them more angry you are making them more dangerous. What is the point in that. And you most certainly are not bowing down to them, you are getting yourself out of danger.

You are creating more unnecessary danger by winding them up.

27 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Winding up c***s is good fun.

See, we're doing it now! 

It is not me that is the c**nt here.

I am pointing out other drivers unnecessary stupidity. If anyone cannot see that winding up an already dangerous driver is just plain stupid and dangerous that is their problem. 

11 minutes ago, Big Bobo said:

You are creating more unnecessary danger by winding them up.

Assuming you're driving at the speed limit and not one of those "40-in-a-60" types, then pulling in to let them past merely rewards and reinforces their bad behaviour. Better that they're stuck behind me than letting them through to give some hypothetical little old lady further down the road a heart attack.

With more and more Teslas and their like on the road now with 360-degree cameras, you'd hope they'll soon be forced be adopt better habits.

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

Some c**t accelerated towards and through a puddle, resulting in me being soaked head to toe.

Under section three of the Road Traffic Act 1988, it is illegal to splash someone as it amounts to driving “without reasonable consideration for other persons”.

2 hours ago, RH33 said:

Some c**t accelerated towards and through a puddle, resulting in me being soaked head to toe.

I'll point out I was NOT in the UK at the time.

Some right roasters on here this evening. Thoroughly confirming the need for a thread such as this to spot the wrang uns. 

Why on earth would anyone want to turn their car into a mobile roadblock? Baffling. If the driver behind is being such an erse then do yourself a favour and let him have his accident somewhere further up the road instead of it involving you. 

Or if you care about it that much away and join the Poileas. 

Edited by alta-pete

3 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Assuming you're driving at the speed limit and not one of those "40-in-a-60" types, then pulling in to let them past merely rewards and reinforces their bad behaviour. Better that they're stuck behind me than letting them through to give some hypothetical little old lady further down the road a heart attack.

How do you know a hypothetical old lady isn't having a heart attack in the car behind you?

As someone who genuinely has been trying to smash it down a motorway to reach a hospital, only to be stuck behind someone doing 60 in the overtaking lane, I do find it hilarious how "righteous" people permanently just assume what they're doing is the best thing.

Tailgaters aren't going to stop because you've held them up either, if anything it'll make them speed more and undertake in future. Not everyone cares about your life enough to be safe if you're annoying them. I've never felt its worth the risk doing that just to feel good about yourself.

Edited by RandomGuy.

18 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Why on earth would anyone want to turn their car into a mobile roadblock? 

Too many people assume nothing bad can happen to them.

Then one day it'll be someone of their face behind them who just rams them off the road.

Then you'll be dead or permanently crippled, but at least you'll have the moral high ground.

21 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Some right roasters on here this evening. Thoroughly confirming the need for a thread such as this to spot the wrang uns. 

Why on earth would anyone want to turn their car into a mobile roadblock? Baffling. If the driver behind is being such an erse then do yourself a favour and let him have his accident somewhere further up the road instead of it involving you. 

Or if you care about it that much away and join the Poileas. 

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How do you know a hypothetical old lady isn't having a heart attack in the car behind you?

As someone who genuinely has been trying to smash it down a motorway to reach a hospital, only to be stuck behind someone doing 60 in the overtaking lane, I do find it hilarious how "righteous" people permanently just assume what they're doing is the best thing.

Tailgaters aren't going to stop because you've held them up either, if anything it'll make them speed more and undertake in future. Not everyone cares about your life enough to be safe if you're annoying them. I've never felt its worth the risk doing that just to feel good about yourself.

I've only ever once pulled over to let someone pass me. It was last year on a single track road in the Highlands. I did it because I was travelling way below the speed limit (given it was single track and a bendy road), the guy was in a van and obviously knew the road well and because by letting him pass it meant I could go quicker as he'd be ahead to warn me of oncoming traffic. 

I don't think I would ever pull over to let someone pass if I was doing the speed limit though. If someone wants to be right up my arse they can carry on. I wouldn't drop my speed though, I have to say.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've only ever once pulled over to let someone pass me. It was last year on a single track road in the Highlands. I did it because I was travelling way below the speed limit (given it was single track and a bendy road), the guy was in a van and obviously knew the road well and because by letting him pass it meant I could go quicker as he'd be ahead to warn me of oncoming traffic. 

I don't think I would ever pull over to let someone pass if I was doing the speed limit though. If someone wants to be right up my arse they can carry on. I wouldn't drop my speed though, I have to say.

Just about the first and most obvious rule of single track roads - there are signs everywhere - is ‘use passing places to allow overtaking’. 

Why people feel the need to deliberately impede someone else on the road still baffles me. 

34 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think we can safely statistically assume that 99.99% of the time this will not be the case. (Rather than xG, this could be classed as xC, for "expected c***s".)

34 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

As someone who genuinely has been trying to smash it down a motorway to reach a hospital, only to be stuck behind someone doing 60 in the overtaking lane,

If I'm on a motorway and in an outside lane I can assure you I'm not doing 60. And if some c**t is up my arse with his lights flashing at 90 I will indeed happily pull in just to be rid of them. For clarity, though, almost all of my driving these days is done on one-lane roads (i.e. not dual carriageways, and certainly not motorways) given that I don't live in mainland UK, which is the scenario I thought we were discussing here. This may have been a wrong assumption on my part, coloured by own everyday circumstance.

I still encounter my fair share of tailgating bellends on these winding country roads, and as a general rule I'll be fucked if I'm going out of my way to pull off the road for them, even where this is possible.

Edited by Doctor Manhattan

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Too many people assume nothing bad can happen to them.

Then one day it'll be someone of their face behind them who just rams them off the road.

Then you'll be dead or permanently crippled, but at least you'll have the moral high ground.

True story, honest. 

Many years ago I was cut up by a van on the Bow flyover in East London. I gave the offender a blast of the horn and a friendly two-finger wave, and was greeted in return by him raising what looked very much like a sawn-off shotgun from the passenger seat, accompanied by a raised eyebrow and body language which I took to be him asking whether I wanted to stop and discuss the matter further. Needless to say, I didn't, and I've been a lot more circumspect behind the wheel ever since.

1 minute ago, PogoStick said:

Also, bit of an unnecessary pile on, tone of some of the responses seem more motivated by his post count than his post. 

Nae need.

Didn't notice his post count until after he'd starting spraying the red dots about. He seems to have got the hang of those pretty quickly for a new poster. And as I type I see that's a habit you've adopted too.

Nae need.