Clyde v Elgin City

Doing my neck strengthening exercises prior to my trip up on Saturday. Making sure I won't be straining too much as I follow the ball into the stratosphere. Then again, maybe the team will follow instructions and pass to each other.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think we would stand a better chance without a midfield. They don’t protect the defence or get much of the ball anyway. Play 5 at the back hoofing it up to 5 up front. At least then Goodwillie won’t be isolated. The 505 formation, you heard it here first.

If there is one guarantee we can fall back on, it's that we'll beat Elgin at home.

Elgin's guys in midfield will pass the ball around us regardless (that's not a criticism of our midfielders as such) so hopefully we'll play with some energy out wide (two from Fergie, Lamont and Lowden) and someone close to Goodwillie (Gormley if fit, Wright otherwise).

Nicoll, Osolador (after his disgraceful performance last week) and Breslin in the stand hopefully.

If there is one guarantee we can fall back on, it's that we'll beat Elgin at home.
Elgin's guys in midfield will pass the ball around us regardless (that's not a criticism of our midfielders as such) so hopefully we'll play with some energy out wide (two from Fergie, Lamont and Lowden) and someone close to Goodwillie (Gormley if fit, Wright otherwise).
Nicoll, Osolador (after his disgraceful performance last week) and Breslin in the stand hopefully.

So who dropping from Saturday ?

My bet he puts in munro probably drops smarticus so you got one berth to fill in midfield cause for sure he is going with one up

Don't see why he will drop pumping the ball up the park at every opportunity, even although he apparently tells them too do so

Elgin are in good form don't see us winning anytime soon

1 hour ago, cfcuk said:

So who dropping from Saturday ?

My bet he puts in munro probably drops smarticus so you got one berth to fill in midfield cause for sure he is going with one up

Don't see why he will drop pumping the ball up the park at every opportunity, even although he apparently tells them too do so

Elgin are in good form don't see us winning anytime soon

Not that hard to work out; Nicoll and Osolador. Wright as well if Gormley not fit. Not bothered if Munro comes back in.

herd tonite that chapman been told he has till christmas to get us away from religaton zone or hes going goodwille leaving in january to go to ayr utd you herd it hear first

Think you need to worry more about the SFA ditching hampden and your club ending up a particular creek without a paddle [emoji23]

Unless we have drastic improvement and change in so called tactics / style of play then straight forward win for Elgin, honestly we are that bad. 

If, and don't think Chapman will change, Munro comes in for McNiff, Gormley (we are that desperate) for Osolodor and plays up front with Goodwillie then we might have a chance.

Of course bringing in a fence post or railway sleeper in place of Nicol will also improve our "midfield drastically!

3-1 Elgin, routine win for the visitors as usual ☹️

8 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Unless we have drastic improvement and change in so called tactics / style of play then straight forward win for Elgin, honestly we are that bad. 

If, and don't think Chapman will change, Munro comes in for McNiff, Gormley (we are that desperate) for Osolodor and plays up front with Goodwillie then we might have a chance.

Of course bringing in a fence post or railway sleeper in place of Nicol will also improve our "midfield drastically!

3-1 Elgin, routine win for the visitors as usual ☹️

Try the corner flag. It's got about as much skill.

When we lose on Saturday as well as presuming Berwick beat Cowden and Montrose beat Edinburgh (both at home), there will be a massive gap already separating the bottom 3 from the rest. Which will be hugely depressing to look at ! So with this said this really is a huge game for us.

Decades of me being overly optimistic leading up to a match only to be disappointed, disillusioned, dismayed, disenchanted, angry and bitter afterwards.

That's six of the dwarfs for this year's Clyde panto. How about "Outraged" to complete the list?

Archived