Clyde v Elgin City

Back in Sheffield. No comment until tomorrow. Extra hour to gather my thoughts. Must have had an absolute brainstorm to think up and down in a day was ever a good idea!

You love it really [emoji6]

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Bully Wee Charlie said:

Supporter was voicing his thoughts to the management when joyce burst through the door from the tunnel area and challenged him to a square go. He got dragged back through the door with security people and some clyde people. Shocking behaviour from Joyce. If he can't take a bit of criticism from the people that pay his wages then he's in the wrong game. He needs to go now.

That's pretty accurate although Chapman also got  involved.  The guy shouted "f**k off Joyce!" through the door with the wee window in it.  The guy walked on but within a second Joyce had appeared through the door and had to be physically restrained from decking him.  There was then about a minute of shoving and swearing before it dissipated.  I don't like witch hunts but in that moment Joyce demonstrated that he is simply not management material.  Near the end of the game he was reacting to the abuse from the choir by pointing to the touchline (Chapman to his credit turned a deaf ear to it).  You do not fight with supporters no matter what the provocation.  Forget the shitey performances on the park.  For this incident alone this thug has got to go, and right now.

Not slightest bit surprised; just look back to his behaviour when we played Annan last season. Turned a handbag situation into a barney for no reason whatsoever, total idiot of a man. 

The Chairman really has to show leadership here! Not confident at all that he will, but these guys should not be managing our club simple as that.

If what is right correct about fans and management scraping after (another) defeat where we took the lead (again) and lost three or more goals (again) and they are not removed from their jobs then Norrie Innes should go with them.

It gives me the utter fear that he will run the gauntlet of the biggest appointment in our history. 

I've watched the highlights. Our second goal was actually a lot better than I thought it was; good pass by Cuddihy (the sort between the lines we need to do more of), superb touch by Goodwillie and a composed finish from Smart.

The defending is even worse than anyone will remember though. First goal I can accept the guy going past Wright, maybe Duffie, but not Munro as well. Lowdon has to do better with his clearance. 

Second goal Currie will rightly take stick but there are other errors all over the place; Ramsay exposing the centre of the pitch completely, McNiff pushing out of the defensive line when there's no pressure on the ball, no idea what Munro is doing when the cross comes in either. 

Third goal Lowdon runs off the post when he shouldn't and McHardy literally has half the penalty area to himself because everyone just follows the ball. That's not including Nicoll giving the ball away in the first place to give up the corner kick.

Fourth goal I blamed Currie for at the time and the highlights show he's badly at fault but Munro has had an absolute nightmare as well. Whether the goalie comes for the ball or not, there's no way the Elgin player should be able to get a shot away.

Archived