The Rangers Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Rangers' next permanent manager?  

530 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The way I  look at it,

They used to sing "Simply the Best" now its more" Things can only get better" however my head tells me" Another One Bites the Dust" will be the song appropriate  come Feb 2019

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Whether Gerrard works out to be a success or not, only time will tell. I am sceptical but, given the other names that have been bandied about and the likelihood of landing them, I'll take the chance. You cannot deny his abilty to work under scrutiny; whether he can carry that over into management, we'll see.

It'll decide how seriously he takes it. If he shares the opinions of most English based pundits that the worst possible scenario is finishing second without a trophy then he'll be in serious trouble, if he understands he needs to learn everything about the Scottish top flight and his squad before next season then he might stand a chance. 

The Scottish Premiership doesn't give a single f**k about your name or history, if you don't respect it, it'll beat you down.

Gerrard wants his head looked at. The sevco are a basket case of the highest order. They are skint as fuk. Sevco will never learn. The tribute act that keeps on giving ????????

7 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

I can’t say I understand all of the hysteria surrounding this appointment. I keep hearing how this appointment is “great for Scottish football”. Steven Gerrard is an under 18’s coach with no experience of managing a first team at any level.

Unless I’m mistaken, Rangers aren’t signing him as a midfielder at the peak of his career.

2 hours ago, Desp said:

It will be interesting.  It's a monumental gamble for Rangers, because taking his playing career out of the equation, he's a pundit with less than 12 months experience of managing U18's. A

Obviously you can never say for sure before they start how an ex-player will do in management, but at the moment he has considerably less credibility in coaching than Ian Cathro. The hype is bizarre.

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

The amount of praise English gets on here has always baffled me.

He's as bad as all the other Sportsound detritus.

I must admit, I have always liked Tom English, but that is top line shite. 

4 year deal.  

I was going to post a GIF of eating popcorn but then thought I'd go down the jelly and ice cream  route and stumbled across this instead. Enjoy.

Jenna Fischer eating ice cream

1 minute ago, The Minertaur said:

4 year deal.  

I was going to post a GIF of eating popcorn but then thought I'd go down the jelly and ice cream  route and stumbled across this instead. Enjoy.

My friend is asking what this clip is from. 

1 minute ago, The Minertaur said:

4 year deal.  

Thank you Stevie G for unwittingly assisting The Minertaur in finding that wee delight

This is purely to appease the fans, can't get a big manager in, so they go for a big named ex player. If Stevie G showed any kind of promise as a manager, some lower league club in England, or even somebodies right hand man in the top flight would of snapped him up. Why on earth would he throw himself straight in the cauldron of Glasgow? Has he been sold down the river? Does he realise when he can't get results on the pitch, the fans will turn on him in a instant. Goodluck to him, he will need it..

What a player. Displayed enough in his role as Liverpool and England captain, attitude and setting training standards etc, to suggest he has a good chance of being a very good coach if not manager.

Shame he's just appointed manager of a circus. It could be Pep Guardiola, it doesn't matter.

Archived