The Rangers Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Rangers' next permanent manager?  

530 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta’ love those Ibrox hero welcomes. Like this one....  Look at em’, gagging for photos and an autograph, jeans barely concealing the collective hard-ons at the untold wealth off the radar, the imminent transfer warchest, the impending big-name signings, and getting it right up ‘them’. Glorious.

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Gotta’ love those Ibrox hero welcomes. Like this one....  Look at em’, gagging for photos and an autograph, jeans barely concealing the collective hard-ons at the untold wealth off the radar, the imminent transfer warchest, the impending big-name signings, and getting it right up ‘them’. Glorious.

Show them a shiny thing and they clap like performing seals. 

Dead forever. $$$

The laughter is because of the plus ca change nature of the ***s. If they'd got Del, Clark or maybe taken a risk with Jack Ross then the giggles would only have been a fraction of what they are. 

You can dress it up anyway you want but the bottom line is they are undoubtedly paying way over the odds for a former high profile player that has no experience of management and minimal youth level coaching and he is going to expect multi-millions to spend, money they don't have at the moment.  All of this has probably been triggered by the 4-0 humping by Celtic and accelerated by last weekend's 5-0 humiliation. They've basically panicked into a very risky appointment to try and save face with their bigoted hoards.  

Still, playing at the highest level and winning trophies must mean you're a good manager. Throw in some international coaching, which Gerrard doesn't have, and you're guaranteed success...

Image result for gary neville valencia

It's definite chuckle chuckle time until Garrard proves us wrong, if he can. Nobody knows.

35 minutes ago, MJC said:

It doesn't take a genius to work it out.

Steven Gerrard joining Rangers is a big move for them and whilst obviously a gamble, this is a massive coup for that club. And their haters won't like that.

Comedy gold 

4 hours ago, The_Judge said:

Out of curiosity would you like it if a Scottish Football story was being discussed down there?

FWIW I'm no really that fussed. 

I work with 90-100 lads here. Football fans of teams far and wide. You'd think maybe, just maybe it gets a mention. Plenty Liverpool fans around but no, not mentioned. Not even something along the lines of "WTF is Gerrard playing at? It's shite up there isn't it?"

Sure, the media might be wetting their pants so to speak but I'm only saying what I see here and read in the papers in the Mess.

Scottish football does get the odd mention at work. You know, the usual, "there's only two teams up there" or "who the f**k are St Johnstone Bobby?"

Even the scottish lads on the Sqn aren't that interested although their big teams are English (usual suspects) and one for some reason is a die hard Lincoln City fan. Mind you, they're going well, big game for them tomorrow. I might even go ;) 

4 hours ago, Forest of Dean said:

A lot of the commentators down south do have quite good knowledge and also just better knowledge of how football actually works in general than the likes of Tom English etc. who've never played the game.

There’s the “Yer Da” alarm going off. 

“Never played the game” is incredibly honking patter in relation to intelligent journalism on the game.

There’s the “Yer Da” alarm going off. 
“Never played the game” is incredibly honking patter in relation to intelligent journalism on the game.
100%.

Anyone wheeling that pish out deserves their opinion immediately disregarded.

Never thought it would happen, but it did. A coup signing for the **** only because of Gerrard's high profile status for the time being. All we are going to hear for the next 3 months or so is the many many big names Sevco are possibly looking to loan or sign and how Gerrard is going to stop the allusive 10IAR which is what the 4 year deal is for I presume.

For the time being this has only blind-sided the **** clusterfuck shenanigans at the club and there are plenty and King has managed to somehow point and say look over there.

Personally I think Sevco will start the season well enough as the feel good factor kicks in but ultimately I feel as the Premiership managers work out Gerrard's style of play and tactics results will start to go against them as Pedro's tactics were counteracted after a few months.

Also there is the possibility that Gerrard will become a successful manager, but I put that mildly. He comes across as clueless as f**k as a football pundit and always states the obvious but does not factor in many things about the players he is talking about. Players should be doing this and doing that as well as the mangers. This should be interesting as he should be changing formations and tactics about 50 odd times during a match by his punditry. I think he will underestimate the Scottish Leagues whilst trying to get Sevco to play like Liverpool plays at the moment with bang average players which could be ultimately a complete disaster because they won't be good enough to execute a style of play not suited to Scottish football.

Can't wait. :)

2 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

100% agreed, especially considering that this can't be a cheap option.  With the kind of salary they are probably giving Gerrard they probably could have lured a more experienced manager like a Chris Coleman or even a David Moyes. 

One of the best investments Celtic have made recently has been Brendan Rodgers, seems silly that they don't invest the same way

How has that investment paid off in Europe?

2 hours ago, HAMLISCH said:

Stevie Gerrard?  Stevie Gerrard!

Here's my mate Stevie's WellArd 

985b705196984dbfa2937be66c4d2e37.jpg

Rip Magic the dug.

Archived