The Rangers Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Rangers' next permanent manager?  

530 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Roger Thornhill said:

I bumped in Derek at my local Co Op at the weekend. I asked him if he was moving but he just smiled and ignored me. I CAN CONFIRM  however that he did purchase Just For Men Moustache & Beard (dark brown - black) and a packet of 4 puff pastry mince pies.

Sounds like he is trying to lure Kris Boyd into a coaching role at Ibrox

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Celtic and Rangers/Sevco have never really been rivals. They've always been business partners, ready to band together and screw over the rest of us long before doing anything that would inconvenience each other.

That's exactly why they were called the Old Firm

38 minutes ago, MJC said:

Considering Aberdeen did it to us with Craig Brown in 2010 and McGhee the year before I will be especially pleased to see their rage if McInnes does indeed end up at Ibrox.

Ther will be no rage, only disappointment.

41 minutes ago, Roger Thornhill said:

I bumped in Derek at my local Co Op at the weekend. I asked him if he was moving but he just smiled and ignored me. I CAN CONFIRM  however that he did purchase Just For Men Moustache & Beard (dark brown - black) and a packet of 4 puff pastry mince pies.

A fine choice. Shortcrust pasty mince pies are shite.

2 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Imagine it will pan out something like this....

McInnes tells Milne he doesn’t want to go. (It’s not that he’s desperate to stay at Pittodrie, he just really doesn’t fancy the gig at Ibrox right now).
Milne tells him in no uncertain terms that he’s going!! knowing that he’s probably taken the club (Aberdeen) as far as he’s going to, plus a £1m pay off will come in handy as a collateral bonus.
The Rangers board are happy, the Aberdeen board are content, the Rangers support try to be positive but are largely skeptical, the Aberdeen fans ambivalent.
The only one truly uncomfortable with this scenario is Derek McInnes who reluctantly trundles down the road to Glasgow with a lonely sense of fear and trepidation. Not an ideal way to set out on the biggest move of your managerial career?
The controversy surrounding his appointment won’t disappear soon which will only add to the pressures of our expectant support demanding immediate results.
The hack writers still wandering aimlessly in the dust bowl that is Scottish football at present, will stir immediately at his first poor result.

Appointing Graeme Murty on a permanent contract is a much preferred option all round. He’s already in the mix, appears to have full backing from the players and the majority of those in the stands. Isn’t afraid to test out our squad possibilities and formation and seems he has the determination to motivate and drive individuals after a couple of poor results. No drama, just a ‘dust down and get on with it’ kinda guy. The Boardroom wrangling won’t distract him.
Reckon he’s probably just what we need right now, and it won’t cost us a penny.

Be it “Deek” or “Murts” the comedy will continue, Bob.  Fear not :D 

Isn’t it about time they renamed it the Scottish UNprofessional Football League?

The pathetic Mackinnon - McPhee touchline scuffle and ensuing handbags on Saturday at Tynecastle is a pretty good indicator at present!?

2 hours ago, red23 said:

Rangers really are a joke. It doesn't matter who they appoint, what they do in the future etc.

The fact remains this, that their club died and they will have to live with that stone cold fact for the rest of their lives right up to their bigoted death rattle.

Scum to a man.

Great post, tho smacks of fishing for up-votes :) 

6 minutes ago, derbydan said:

Did they ever pay off Warburton and Co?

Or is that more money to find in the future? 

Did the supremely powerful league of extraordinary English managers ever get around to sorting us out for that?

Archived