Local Council c***s

NorthernLights

24 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

You've got to wonder how bad the rest of them are if our shower of incompetents are the best.

Was probably just their turn.  Or perhaps the judges were of the mind that overspending on every large capital project is exactly what we want from our councils!

• 2 months later...
On 02/10/2020 at 18:31, Suspect Device said:

Surely some mistake?

Entering is free & easy. Once you are ready to submit your entry online, guidelines for submissions is 2,000 word, simply click on CATEGORIES and select the category you would like to enter then review the category overview and criteria. Then click Start your entry and fill out your details. 

To upload a nomination, simply choose your file in a pdf format (no larger than 2MB), find your file and attach your nomination. You can also include an optional 100 word summary to accompany your nomination within your submission, this is not included in your 2,000 word limit. That’s it!

Aberdeen City Council is the only Scottish council nominated.

Edited by welshbairn

On 28/12/2020 at 19:44, MixuFruit said:

Hey you Hebrideans you need to get over your silly north/south protestant/catholic thing.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/dec/28/western-isles-council-rejects-official-sex-ed-in-favour-of-catholic-teaching

No not like that

BawWatchin will be house hunting there soon.

• 1 year later...
Aberdeen City Council has cancelled the "soft opening" of Union Terrace Gardens which was meant to happen today.  Not sure exactly why that is...

Same for every landscaping and construction job. Not sure how countrywide supply chain issues make the Council "c***s" mind you ?

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
7 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:
Aberdeen City Council has cancelled the "soft opening" of Union Terrace Gardens which was meant to happen today.  Not sure exactly why that is...

Same for every landscaping and construction job. Not sure how countrywide supply chain issues make the Council "c***s" mind you ?

Makes them look very tinpot that they announce the cancellation on the day of the proposed soft reopening which its been clear for weeks, if not months that it would never be ready in time.

It was very clearly a stunt from the Tory/Labour/Marie Boulton administration desperately trying to garner votes to stop them being punted from the Town House next week.

Been pretty clear looking at photos from social media over a number of weeks that there was never going to be a "soft opening" and thus Houghton and Laing's stunt was doomed to failure.

They got the egg on their face that they deserved.

However Aberdeen has had almost every major party in power over the last 20 years and not one has improved the place. It is a desperate shame as I love the place, it will always be home for me despite moving away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Community Council Dicks would be a more suitable thread for this one.

Scots community council meeting halted after naked man in bath joins video call

A community council meeting was halted by a naked man who joined the video call in a bath.

Members of the Oban Community Council were left shocked after the stranger, who spoke with an English accent, joined the conference from his bathroom and made lewd comments towards attendees.

Argyll and Bute councillor Andrew Vennard was interrupted by the naked hacker who appeared on camera before lying back in a bath with his genitals on display.

The man addressed the council and began making lewd comments before the video link was shut down - but participants were still able to hear his voice.

He began addressing the chairwoman, Marri Malloy, stating: "Keep talking dirty to me, I like it".

He then went on to call her 'baby girl' and invited her to his home for " Netflix and chill".

George Berry, a member of the community council, asked who the man was and what position he held within the group.

The hacker replied: "69."

Mr Berry said: "I don't know who this guy is but he should be muted."

On the general subject, my "trivial but does my head in" rant is about wheelie bins. If I was to regularly block the pavement outside my home with something the size of a wheelie bin, I'd expect someone to "have a word". Yet every bloody week, the binmen leave up to 3 big effing plastic beasts outside every effing property in tbe street. Green bin, brown bin, food bin, glass crate. Sometimes at 7.15 in the bloody morning. We have folk near us who use wheelchairs or buggies. 

Is it so hard to put the bins back where they were left? 

Anti vaxxer Tory interested in Christian radio and accused of diddling his lover, twenty years his senior, out of her savings.

I wonder what attracted him to what even their leader called "the nasty party"

EbDOlzHWAAEPlQQ.jpeg

51 minutes ago, sophia said:

Anti vaxxer Tory interested in Christian radio and accused of diddling his lover, twenty years his senior, out of her savings.

I wonder what attracted him to what even their leader called "the nasty party"

EbDOlzHWAAEPlQQ.jpeg

He was the leader of the council as well! Bloody hell.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

This is definitely going to happen. I trust in the ACC completely.

I always get the fear whenever a local council mentions " public art".

You know that they're just going to clutter the streets with a load of tacky shite.